This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030 + gradient issue

My new 1030 plus is a replacement for 810.

the gradient is so slow the climb is half over before it is correct. Speed display jumps all over the place. Strava routes are nearly impossible to load.

I had them last week, but they have now disappeared. Is this really the best that Garmin can do?

what a rubbish device.

• GARMIN BLAKE do not block discussions. Is this GARMIN´s way of fixing EDGES problems?

The warranty support service wants to fix these problems by changing my EDGE three months after I bought it, for another refurbished one, and on top of that it has the same failures, because all these malfunctions, are general failures, and are not particular of some units. FANTASTIC GARMIN! GOOD WORK, more and more happy.

• do not block discussions

I apologize, but I do not know what this is in reference to. I am not limiting any discussions for anyone experiencing this. I confirmed that we are looking into these reports, and wish that I had more information to pass along right now. 

• Thanks for paying attention. While you are looking at gradient please look at the elevation screen elevation per division. The 1030 plus minimum is 100 ft. the 800 and 1000 had 40 and 80 ft intervals available. For those of us that live in flatter areas those smaller increments are useful on the road.

• Garmin Blake I said, this because. You have blocked some discussion threads on this topic, where it is no longer possible to write. Although there you have written that anyone who wants to talk about this topic to come to this thread, it does not seem like the correct way to act because everything that has been discussed in other threads will be lost at the bottom of the top of questions. The right way is to give more information about what is going on with these problems, not to hide the problems under the rug by silencing conversations and not giving answers. A ticket has been opened on this subject by GARMIN and what else? What more information can you give us about this? Is that all? Until when?
    GARMIN BAD VERY BAD VERY BAD VERY BAD

• It would be pretty hard for anyone involved with testing the 1030+ in the real world not to have noticed the huge lag in gradient changes. So the bug needs to be fixed along with the test plan. Skeptical people might suspect  this issue was discovered during testing and the 1030+ was pushed out the door anyway.

• I have two days left to return my 1030 plus. Lots to like over my 1000 but to many of the usual Garmin software loose ends. I think it goes back and I'll give it another try in another year.

• GARMIN we are still waiting for answers, information.

• I spoke with my wallet and returned mine. Garmin should be able to easily fix stuff that has previously worked well. Eventually I will move to another platform. I've been a repeat beta tester too many times.

• Still waitling that GARMIN fix the problems or say clearly that this device can not do this measures, So in this way must to put very very clear in all manuals and advertisments. If no GARMIN IT IS SCAMMER, SWINDLER 

• Since last summer i have posted a comment regarding this problem on other tread. Hoping this will be a firmware fix soon. A bit disappointed for the top of the line cycling unit . If its a hardware fix guess we will be stuck with it.