This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 Plus sensors connection issues

Hello all, 

I have Garmin Edge 1030 Plus and recently I started to have issues with sensors connections, it first started with hart rate monitor (hrm dual), it would be ok when I first start ride but when I stop for a break and if Edge goes to sleep and then I resume ride hart rate would be intermittent, to fix it I would then have to completely turn off and on Edge1030 Plus and then it would be fine however today it started to happen with speed sensor also, I kept loosing speed and then after maybe 20 minutes of ride I started to have issues with Varia 515 radar, it started to disconnect on its own and when that happens Edge 1030 plus would freeze and it wouldn't track anything anymore. Another thing that was strange is that on my normal route it seems like there was also GPS signal issue, my route is next to the shore and every time I ride it I could see nicely on the map where I went but this time it looked like I occasionally was riding through the sea :-)

Another issue is light network, sometimes it takes ages light network to be formed and I have to reset Edge several times before it finally forms network. 

List of issues don't stop here, phone connection and notification hardly ever works, notifications almost never work, if I look on connected features I see phone is connected and I see Edge on Garmin connect app but yet no notifications from iphone which is annoying, all notifications are turned on but they don't come to the Edge. 

I see that my software version is 4.0 and as far as I can see it is latest one. 

Do you have any suggestion on how I can fix all this? 

Thanks in advance 

• I sent Diagnostic logs off in July and not had a response either, Time to return for a refund and change brands, the lack of support is unacceptable  

• Sorry just to be clear i'm using 1030 Plus and my problem clearly stated with FW 5.0

• I sent Diagnostic logs off in July from my 1030 Plus and not had a response either, Time to return for a refund and change brands, the lack of support is unacceptable  

• Replaced bricked edge 1000 with edge 1030 plus this week. Have exactly same problem but never had it with edge 1000. Can't say whether it's a 5.20 issue or not. Disconnected at least three times in a 30 mile ride. Appeared to be quite random. 

• I have the same problem with the cadance, speed and my DI sensor

• I have the same problem only with HRM-Dual band….. Radar and light are working Ok since I did update, the sad thing is 1 month ago I finish with the 1 year warranty 

• if you live in the EU you might wish to quote EU regulation that gives a two year warranty on electronic items. It's a bit vague, from when i last checked. Do some googling if you want to push Garmin. When i bought a 1000 unit a few years ago it went wrong after 18 months and amazon replaced it next day (im in the UK and quoted EU stuff relevant at the time, although this could have been amazon CS).

MB

• The issues many of you are experiencing with multiple sensors continuing to drop out is still being worked on internally. I understand the frustration this is causing and I apologize that I do not have a more concrete resolution to report yet, but this has been given a high priority and I hope to have more to report soon. 

• thanks that's probably all some of us needed was acknowledgment of the issue and a sign you are working on it

• EU law also stipulated that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised. In some countries national law may require you to provide longer guarantees." This still applies to time purchased before 1st Jan 2021 :-)

Warranties themselves are in addition not a replacement for those consumer rights.

In England and Wales, you actually have six years from purchase, not two. This all comes from The Consumer Rights Act 2015 which is established UK law, regardless of Brexit. 

Hope this helps :-)