This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Edge 1030 Plus sensors connection issues

Hello all, 

I have Garmin Edge 1030 Plus and recently I started to have issues with sensors connections, it first started with hart rate monitor (hrm dual), it would be ok when I first start ride but when I stop for a break and if Edge goes to sleep and then I resume ride hart rate would be intermittent, to fix it I would then have to completely turn off and on Edge1030 Plus and then it would be fine however today it started to happen with speed sensor also, I kept loosing speed and then after maybe 20 minutes of ride I started to have issues with Varia 515 radar, it started to disconnect on its own and when that happens Edge 1030 plus would freeze and it wouldn't track anything anymore. Another thing that was strange is that on my normal route it seems like there was also GPS signal issue, my route is next to the shore and every time I ride it I could see nicely on the map where I went but this time it looked like I occasionally was riding through the sea :-)

Another issue is light network, sometimes it takes ages light network to be formed and I have to reset Edge several times before it finally forms network. 

List of issues don't stop here, phone connection and notification hardly ever works, notifications almost never work, if I look on connected features I see phone is connected and I see Edge on Garmin connect app but yet no notifications from iphone which is annoying, all notifications are turned on but they don't come to the Edge. 

I see that my software version is 4.0 and as far as I can see it is latest one. 

Do you have any suggestion on how I can fix all this? 

Thanks in advance 

• Hi. Yesterday my heart rate sensor stopped working. Have tried several different sensors. One BT Polar H10 worked this morning when trying it at breakfast table. But later when I did go out to garage and should start the ride. My Edge Plus refused to connect. Tried everything with soft tester etc. My best guess is some sort of update on any of my Garmin sensors or Edge that have caused some disturbances. Also have Varia Radar, Garmin head light, Vector3. When Garmin works it’s incredible great and when something stop working as it should, then it can be very frustrating. I have deleted sensors, third party data fields, new battery. No success. Next step is a full factory reset

• I'm having similar problems. On two rides this week, the power/cadence from my Stages Powermeter goes blank as does my Garmin HRM reading. I can turn the unit off and back on which causes everything to appear again. Meantime my buddies are a quarter of a mile ahead of me! 

• Hi, I am having the same issues.  Were you able to get any help in solving the issues?

• None what so ever, I am switching to Wahoo in systematic lack of support from Garmin

• FYI - a FW update on the 530 unit introduced a frequent stability issue with sensors. Mine probably shows HRM connecting (because it disconnected) every 10-30 mins on every ride. It's been around two months and garmin are aware. IMHO this is such a core function that garmin should have released the previous FW version whilst they worked to fix it. Highly frustrating. I was looking at the Edge 1030 plus because there's a birthday deal offer in the UK, but to see this issue on page 1 on the user forums has totally put me off.

Sigh.

MB

• I thought that issue is affecting only people who are using bluetooth sensors, but nooo... I went to 260 km ride and my sensors and radar keep disconnecting. It happens only sometimes, but when it started then it was crazy anoying for couple of minutes.

• multiple posts showing the same thing..i may as well get my old garmin 1000 out as that was at least stable. can only hope they are quietly beavering away on some new firmware to try and fix this 

• Well, I contacted Garmin suppor, the only provided solution is to connect Edge to a computer with Garmin Express and hope that it will fix the issue.

edit: got another guy and he said I can enable ANT logging (start activity, click on page that will lead to the greyed screen, press right arrow on the bottom for 5 sec and then enable it in Diagnostics > ANT Logging > ANT RX TX). This will write all needed logs and in case of troubles they will have all needed information.

• any porgress, 1030+ users?

• Dont have anyupdate since it is getting cold outside and I am riding in my cave with Zwift without garmin.