This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 plus and iPhone Bluetooth Connection problems

Hello,

since the update 3.00 I have reproducable connection problems with my iPhone.

Every time I start an activity the automatic Live tracker does not work, as the iPhone is not connected properly.

When I open the iPhone Garmin Connect app it says I have to reconnect the iPhone.

Am I the only one with that problem?

iPhone XS Max iOS 13.7

Garmin Edge 3.00

• Recent updates to the connect app, firmware, or servers seem to have fixed this for me. My livetracks are now consistently working.

• Today I used my new 1030 Plus in combination with my iphone 12 pro. Firmware on the Edge is 4.0 and IOS is 14.2.1.

The livetrack did not work because the BT connection was lost. The (BT) Edge 1030 Plus connection gives problems and is not stable. The Edge shows that livetrack is on, but my wife can't see me. She  sees the course I am cycling but livetrack does not show. The (BLE) Edge 1030 plus connection is rock solid all the time and there is no problem with the connection between the Iphone and the Edge 1030 plus. I think that the problems occured after IOS 14.2.1 was installed. 

Anybody have the same issues?  I hope that Garmin can fix this. I already removed the connections from my phone and removed the phone from my edge. I also removed Garmin connect form my iphone and installed it again after reboot. Setting up Garmin connect and connection with my iphone is not the problem but the BT connection is dropping all the time. ;-( When The Edge and the Iphone are on the table the phone is connected with the Edge (BLE) is connected but (BT) is not.

• Sorry, but I have not seen these issues for quite a while (iphone 11, ios 14.1). At some point a combination of iphone updates/garmin connect updates/edge 1030 plus updates seem to have done the trick. LT is now rock solid for me.

What I can't figure out how to do is change the name of the live track session. It is stuck on what I set it to before an update removed the functionality of setting the name from GC.

• Maybe the problem occured after I did the Iphone IOS update into 14.2.1. Could it be that Garmin connect needs an update? I think it is strange that the BT connection stays on for 40 seconds and then the Bluetooth disconnects the phone and the Garmin Edge. The BLE stays connected all the time so there is a connection between the Iphone and my Garmin Edge 1030 plus. I can receive SMS on my Garmin Edge. So there is a Bluetooth problem. 

The name of the Livetrack is also an issue. I had it on my late Edge 1030. The name should be the correct date every time you start up a livetrack but instead the name does not change. Very annoying. I don;t know how to change the name. 

• Update: Today the livetrack in combination with my 1030 plus and Iphone 12 pro IOS 14.2.1 worked. Probably because I did a fresh setup after I deleted Garmin connect on my Iphone and the Iphone connection on my Garmin. 

I have to wait and see if Livetrack works when I make and ride a course.

• exactly the same problem ..   is there a workaround?