This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 plus and iPhone Bluetooth Connection problems

Hello,

since the update 3.00 I have reproducable connection problems with my iPhone.

Every time I start an activity the automatic Live tracker does not work, as the iPhone is not connected properly.

When I open the iPhone Garmin Connect app it says I have to reconnect the iPhone.

Am I the only one with that problem?

iPhone XS Max iOS 13.7

Garmin Edge 3.00

• I am seeing that as well. Although every now and then livetrack does work. Usually it starts livetrack up and then immediately ends it. No track at all is present if you chance the livetrack link.

• Garmin Connect Mobile on my iPhone XS Max periodically says the pairing to the 1030+ isn't complete after working.

IQ apps sometimes poop when they work fine on the 1030. I see BT queue errors that I never as on the 1030.

• There are two BT devices on the iphone. BLE and BT. Recently the BT device has not always automatically connected. It will manually connect (tell the iphone to connect). BT gets you phone notifications. I don't know if it is also used for LT. I thought once that manually connecting BT made LT work, but I think that might have been an illusion.

Does anyone know how to report bugs? This user forum with occasional garmin employees doesn't seem like the right way to report actual problems.

• The 1030+ has issues the 1030 does not.

Call Garmin to report bugs. The forums are not a reliable way to report issues (outside of programming IQ apps).

• Hi,

It seems its a relatively common issues with bluetooth connections on iphones and the edge 1030+. I have exactly the same issues, the (BT) edge 1030+ in my iphone only sometimes connects to edge 1030+ on turn on.  Then i open connect on phone i sometimes get the setup not complete or i ride and Live track starts but send no data for tracking. I also would get sync failures repeatedly if both bluetooth connections not showing as connected.

Connect did get an update a day or so ago and I removed all traces of edge 1030+ from my phone and repaired then just allowed Live track to autostart yesterday and it worked fine on the Garmin tracking - Strava Beacon still not working with auto start at moment.

riding tonight so will see if a re-pairing after connect updated si continuing to work.

• I had similar problems with my iPhone X. Trick is to restart your iphone before starting the ride. You know that hard restart that is done by pressing the left and right buttons at the same time until you see apple logo. Some weird issue with BlueTooth BLE connection. But I am glad i am doing this as my phone battery lasts longer as it shuts down all the junk during restart. Once i do this, live track flawlessly( my wife gets the email from garmin). 

• for constant connection, its the BLE that needs to work. I would contact Garmin to report bugs. I read in multiple places that they are very receptive that way compared to the forums. I am guessing these are meant more for the users to help each other.

• Also, reboot your iphone and give it a try. Works like a charm for me everytime i do this. Not the best solution but I find this better than not having the connection.

• To reboot an iPhone X:
    Press successively at short intervals:
    -volume up
    -volume down
    -right side button - keep pressing!
    A power off option appears - keep holding the right side button until the iPhone turns off by itself and then reboots (Apple logo).

However, it is often enough to switch off the entire BT section on your iPhone and switch it on again after a few seconds.
    (especially if your iPhone BLE tells „connected“ but your Edge keeps on searching the iPhone)

• Thanks. I tried turning off the bt but that’s didn’t work.