This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Live Segments not working

Hi, I have a new 1030 plus, the segments are syncing to the device and I can see them when I swipe down from the top and go across to segments. They are all starrres. But at no time do they ever pop up when I start a segment that’s synced and starred. The profile for Road has the segments page as active in settings. The live segments work fine on my Garmin Fenix so it’s not an issue with Garmin connect. Any ideas?

• My understanding is that live segments don’t come up when you are on a route.

• That is correct. And very, very, very annoying.... I want Stava segments also on a route.

• forgive me if I’m not using the terminology correctly.... 

1) make sure in garmin connect (on computer) that you are using strava segments. 
    2) down load the strava routes widget app to your garmin device

3) create route in strava (you can copy someone’s route that you see from strava, or delete the course and reroute it to start from a different location. should be completed on a computer)  favorite the route once completed  

4) star strava segments

5) connect device via garmin connect

6) enable all segments (training, strava live segments) (always good here to search for the segment you just starred and make sure it is in this list)

5) in garmin device, access strava routes widget app. Route should be near the top. Otherwise scrolling is a pain. 

hope this works. Fingers crossed tone2 This is how I had strava live segments pop up during a route. All worked well before the outage. Then I had trouble accessing the widgets app since they changed that starring a route in strava would then show up in garmin connect and garmin device. Need to try this myself.