This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Live Segments not working

Hi, I have a new 1030 plus, the segments are syncing to the device and I can see them when I swipe down from the top and go across to segments. They are all starrres. But at no time do they ever pop up when I start a segment that’s synced and starred. The profile for Road has the segments page as active in settings. The live segments work fine on my Garmin Fenix so it’s not an issue with Garmin connect. Any ideas?

• I noticed that the segments don't pop up when you are following a course for some reason, but do pop up if I'm not navigating a course

• Also have a brand new Garmin 830 and can't get live segments working. They all show as downloaded and starred on the device but they have never popped up in seven rides. Been through a dozen tutorials and support docs but nothing seems to make a difference. Thinking of returning the device.

• Thanks, he’s, I remember now!  Had a Garmin before and it was the same. Thanks for the answer. Don’t understand why they can’t have live segments popping during routes, maybe they can’t figure out what happens if there is a junction during a live segment, which screen would you pop?

• See below, are you using a course when you ride?

• First few rides had courses but forums said segments don’t work with those active so just been free riding for the last week. Found a post that suggest uninstalling Garmin connect and starting from scratch but hesitant as I only set it up Last week.

• Are you referring to Strava segments or Garmin Segments? I believe if you are following a course, to use Strava segments the route must be created in the Strava route planner. If Garmin Segments, then the course has to be created in Garmin Connect. The segments will show up then. I use Garmin Segments and they do show up on when not following a course too. Make sure segments are activated in the profile

• Was able to get segments working. Had to manually download them from the Garmin segment screen. This is despite all the documentation on the subject indicating that starred segments are automatically downloaded. To make things more confusing, for the download to work the Garmin Connect app has to be open and possibly even running in the foreground. Not sure but the download failed a few times before that. One not very well publicized issue is that my favorite segment that I was testing on was never showing up because Strava disables live segments for any downhill segment. The segment in question trends very, very slightly downhill but I had no idea it was "disabled" until I looked it up on the Strava website. Very confusing. So not all segments are eligible for live segments and the device does not indicate which ones.

• Can’t do any harm to try, it’s only a 5 minute job. If you click on Segments in the Garmin Connect app does it say that you’re using Strava Segments it Garmin segments?

• I have the same . Strava segment sync to Garmin but then don’t pop up on screen , but I have noticed when I normally go through to setting in the Garmin , click on training and it would normally say strava live segments but it doesn’t anymore, just says segments. 

• How do you download them manually from the garmin segment screen on garmin connect? and do you have to do that if the segments show up on the device already?  See my screenshot from garmin connect and also my edge 1030+. I still can't get live segments to pop up when I'm following a course that has been created in strava. They are not downhill segments either.