This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PAUSE NAVIGATION AND RE-ROUTE FUNCTION EDGE 1030 PLUS

Hello,

Can someone please share how you got the Pause Navigation / Re-Route Function work on their Edge 1030 Plus units? I have tried to literally go out of my planned Route to get these functions to pop-up on the Navigation Page but .. Nada...

• What is the concept behind this?

I mean, whats difference between pause ride and pause navigation?

• From DCRainmaker:

Now if you go off-course it’ll warn you within usually about 3-5 seconds depending on your speed. However, this is where one of the changes is on the Edge 1030 Plus – the new re-routing and pause navigation options. Once you go off-course, you’ll get three new ‘Re-routing’ options:

A) Re-join where you left the course
    B) Skip ahead to the next logical point to re-join course
    C) Cut across the course to somewhere way downstream

I tested only with track-navigation - no turn-by-turn, and recalculation off: No such a message appears!
    Have to test with tbt and recalculation on.

• Works quite well so far on my edge 1030 plus. When leaving the course, you'll get a prompt to either pause navigation or to choose one of the three options. Not all three are always available, it depends on the routing options available at your current location. With pause navigation the device will stop displaying the Off Course message and will not recalculate the route as you progress.

The Edge 1030 always tried to route you back to the point you left the course, which most of the time didn't make any sense for me.

• Works only with turn by turn enabled and recalculation on ??

• My guess is that recalculation must be turned on, at least it’s on in my activity profile. Not sure what setting you mean by “turn by turn”? I have Navigation > Navigation Prompts set to Map and Navigation > Map > Guide Text set to Never Display.

• Do you get turn guidance? Starts with „calculation xx%“ at loading the course.

I testet with recalculation=on but without turn guidance (tbt=turn by turn guidance).
    On following a track with recalculation=on but tbt=off: no choice available at leaving the course/track - what‘s ok in my opinion...

• Yes I get turn guidance (white arrows on map) but strange thing is it seems to take a couple of minutes before the guidance starts working.

• Where do you see a setting for TBT?  Are you talking about in how the course is created?  I don't see any settings for TBT on the device. 

• TBT generation is controlled under courses.

Navigation -> Courses -> Saved Courses -> hamburger icon -> Turn Guidance

• I see, I never did see this function pop up on my device. I guess these 2 features will never work here in china or is not included on the edge 1030 plus asia models?