This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indoor trainer- dropouts!

I have been really happy with the Edge 1030+ so far. 

I got my first set of issues today during a suggested daily workout session on my Wattbike Atom in Trainer mode. I got quite 3-4 power dropouts, as per the below. Anyone else?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5157565147

• I have, but the Fenix 6X Pro controls are stable and hassle-free, but slower and less useful than the Edge 1030 controls. Unfortunately, the Direto XR controls on the Edge 1030 work intermittently, which is flustering.

• I don't know if this will work with your Directo XR and your specific usage, but with the Tacx Neo 2T if I disable the trainer's power and speed/cadence sensors on the Edge 1030 Plus and have it only connected as a trainer the connection to the Tacx Neo 2T is much more stable. The Edge 1030 Plus still gets basic speed, cadence, and power data through the ANT+ trainer control link.

The draw back to this approach is that some of the advanced power and cadence data is not present on this link. For my usage this is no great problem.

• Yep. Same issue here.

Garmin Edge 1030+ - Wahoo KIckr Bike - Xert Player App - sensor set as power meter. 

• I've struggled too long with this issue. Garmin Support told me to get rid of all distortion signals, so disable WiFi, Bluetooth, disable phone connection, watch connection. That's a lot to do every day.

I bought a ANT+ Dongle and now Zwift controls the indoor trainer, while edge just records the data, as the Kickr is paired as a normal Powermeter. I still get everything, but haven't received any Dropout yet. See examples below, same Workout, first one recorded and controlled by edge:

Second one controlled by Zwift and recorded by edge:

• i would like to revive this topic since i also observed the problem. In my case it‘s a Edge 530 which controls an Elite Direto XR. The device is connected to the edge as a trainer. I have the exact same dropouts. 

In the meantime, did anybody find a solution for this setup (Edge controls the trainer)?

PS: What is also an annoying bug with the Edge is that resistance drops often to zero for a few seconds when a new interval starts in ERG mode. Never happens when i control the trainer differently (e.g. Zwift).

• I’m going to revive this topic too. This time it’s a FR955 and a kickr core I’ve never once had a problem with connected as a power meter to my previous 935, but now that I want to use the new (to me) suggested workout feature, I’m stuck with this garbage.