This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indoor trainer- dropouts!

I have been really happy with the Edge 1030+ so far. 

I got my first set of issues today during a suggested daily workout session on my Wattbike Atom in Trainer mode. I got quite 3-4 power dropouts, as per the below. Anyone else?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5157565147

• Ihave the  same with stages and 4iiii

I have try with the garmin and with my phone on the same time and the drop out is also on the phone, so, for me, the powermeter is the  cause

• I do also have dropouts with my KICKR Core and 1030 Plus. This was also reported to the Garmin Beta Team and they gave me feedback that it seems that KICKR Core is connected as power sensor and indoor trainer. I should only connect it as the indoor trainer.

So I'm wondering now, why the solution could be to connect it as power sensor only?
    This might be solution if you only want to record the power data but not control the indoor trainer as in my setup.
    I would like to control the KICKR Core using my 1030 Plus as head unit.

The weird thing is that I only see these dropouts in the power readings. Cadence and speed also coming from KICKR Core are not dropping.

Power:

Speed:

Cadence:

• I just tried a workout on my KICKR Core via Edge 1030 and saw similar dropouts (and same as you, no dropouts with respect to other readings). You're right that connecting the KIKCR as a power sensor to Edge 1030 is only a solution in the case where the workout is being controlled from (say) Zwift running on a computer. There is still a problem indeed for Garmin/Wahoo to fix with regards to the power dropouts when the KICKR is connected as an indoor trainer to Edge 1030.

• Just got the 1030+ and Saris H3. I only use the 1030+ as a head unit (no software video training simulators yet). Regular power reading dropouts lasting a few seconds. So it seems that to remedy it you cannot use the Garmin as a controller – only as a data collector/screen?

• I have the same issue. Using Edge 1030 and experiencing dropouts and even sometimes disconnects from indoor trainer. Interesting thing is, same workout recorded by fenix 6 doesn't have that issue. So I guess this has something to do with the indoor trainer connection.

Edge also controlling indoor trainer, only paired as indoor trainer, no powermeter connection:

Same workout recorded with fenix6, indoor trainer paired as powermeter:

• How do you then control the indoor trainer when it's not done by the edge?

• I use the Wahoo app on my phone!

• Also have the same issue with the Kickr Core. Constant dropouts when using the Edge to control a workout, but iPhone is perfect. 

• How have you managed to solve the workout sync if I may ask? Personally my trainer sends me a workout using Finalsurge and it auto syncs to my Garmin Calendar. It would also be okay to let another app control the trainer and use garmin just to record it.

• Have tried using the fēnix 6 to control the trainer?