This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 1030 Plus fails to import sensor and ride profiles.

Morning all,

Just received the 1030 Plus on my doorstep a couple hours ago.  I currently have an Edge 1030 that I rode with last night and synced all info to Garmin Connect earlier this morning.  Started the setup process clicking through the blue prompt bars.  It appeared to be fully setup and that’s when I found no sensor info or ride profiles were imported.  This had been mentioned several times on review websites (DCR, GPLama) and the Garmin site that it was, “AUTOMATIC”.  Needless to say it seems to be a typical Garmin experience.  I was ready to dump the old Edge 1030 for a Wahoo Roam when the 1030 Plus was announced (new brain, touchscreen were the selling points).

Any similar experiences with failed sensor and profile imports?  Solutions?  I’ve already reset/erased/unpaired and tried everything fresh to no avail.

• There is a problem if you use the device before completing the set-up process. If you skip the set-up process and use the device then those settings from that use get backed-up to the server and Garmin assumes that these are what you want to use so it will not offer screens and sensors from prior units.  

• Same here right out of the box first time through the set up I never had any indication if I’d like try transfer settings. Delete everything and did a factory reset second time through the setup i was asked I’d I wanted to import profiles, sensors and activities responded yes and receive a confirmation on the device it was successful. All moved over except my profile which is the one I wanted the most, called Garmin to inquire, more to self if you ever call Garmin again and you here Hi this is Jason S....hang up!

• I had the same thing, had to add sensors and profile manually. Not a big deal, but not a great start either.

• I had a similar experience on initial setup. The device had never been used and I started the setup straight out of the box but was never prompted to import sensors or profiles, and nothing was transferred to the 1030 Plus. (I had already updated the older Edge 1030 to 9.50 and recorded activities as suggested in this thread, so that wasn't the problem.) 

Based on the post above by  (thanks!) I deleted both the BT and BLE bluetooth profiles from the phone, deleted the device from GCM, and did a factory reset on the 1030 Plus. The second time through the setup process I was prompted to transfer sensors and profiles, and they all came over successfully. 

I'm guessing there must be a bug with transfers on the first run-through of the setup process. (Note: the Edge 1030 Plus was on firmware version 2.20 out of the box, I wasn't prompted to update to 2.30 until later in the process.) 

I was also disappointed that Connect IQ applications/widgets/data fields are not transferred to the new device, I suspect that must be because some IQ apps are still not yet compatible with the Edge 1030 Plus. 

• Same issue, no profiles or sensors importing across from old 820 device. Tried everything suggested here...updated firmware on all devices, recorded a new activity on old device and did a fresh sync with the GCM app, factory reset the 1030 and unpaired removing all BT connections... nothing has worked. The situation has actaully got worse, right now I cannot get the GCM app to pair with the 1030 plus at all, it's just refusing saying failed and giving the option to retry (this happened initially out of the box but updating the firmware via the Garmin Express app on the PC fixed the issue). I was able to get the GCM app to successfully connect multiple times as I was testing the steps above to get the profiles and sensors imported across but now its refusing to connect for no reason.

Why does Garmin make setting up and connecting new devices such an unpleasant and unnessarily complex experience. Not what anyone expects from a €500+ bike computer. That said I have experienced the exact same issues on ALL previous garmin products, fenix watches, edge 520, 820 and vector pedals. I had hoped the 1030 plus was Garmin changing things up with high spec'd hardware (touch screen, processor, memory, battery life, etc,) but sadly not, they have corrupt the hardware by reusing all the same poor quality software, which any long term Garmin user will now is riddled with bugs especially around set up and connectivity.

I will be sending the 1030 plus back and moving to Wahoo

• Same here.  No sensors or profiles loaded at setup straight out of the box.  No options to transfer.  Very frustrating.