This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dexcom Datafield outside the USA?

Is it possible to get the dexcom datafield  outside the USA. I have seen a few websites with instructions on how to do it, but have been unsuccessful so far. Would appreciate if anybody could point me in the right direction.

Top Replies

All Replies

• What Garmin device are you using and what country are you in? Are the Dexcom devices officially available in your country?

You may have better luck posting in the forum for you specific Garmin device. What devices a data field is able to run on is down to the developer of the data field.

All countries have their own rules on medical devices, their approval process, and how they can be used in that country which can affect availability and functionality.

• I am based in South Africa. The sad thing is the Dexcom device has been available here fort many years, but between Garmin and or Dexcom, nobody has taken an interest in allowing the Dexcom app to be available in South Africa. I have made multiple enquirers to both Dexcom and Garmin South Africa, neither of whom seem to know, but acknowledge that they receive many queries regarding the fact that it’s not available. The irony is having blood glucose levels on your wrist is such a let feature as a diabetic Disappointed

• If you haven't already tried it may be worth trying the Contact Developer link on the following page for the Dexcom Data Field:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/9040cc1d-13de-4d48-a859-6c2a0cedec3e

In theory the message should go to the person(s) who work(s) on the data field and should know why it is country restricted.

• Thanks will try that 

• Garmin tweeted about this a few days ago.

• Dear Garmin. Go look at the stats. Surprisingly for you - these are not the only regions where diabetics who own Garmin watches and dexcom devices reside. 2 years and counting for a broader rollout. Do you need help? 

• these are not the only regions where diabetics who own Garmin watches and dexcom devices reside

Please know that this is not as easy as it sounds. Garmin needs to follow policies set forth by those other countries, as mentioned earlier by ...

All countries have their own rules on medical devices, their approval process, and how they can be used in that country which can affect availability and functionality.
  • Dexcom app support on the Apple Watch has been available in South Africa for many years. Why can’t Gadmin get it right if Apple can?