This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed sensor 2 and cadence sensor 2 pairing and data transmission issues

Former Member
Former Member

Iphone 6s ios 14.2

app Garmin connect 4.37.1.5

Speed sensor 2 (gen3 bscm), firmaware 2.30.00, #3344735896

Cadence sensor 2, firmware 2.40.0, #3345688984

These sensors are driving me crazy!

I use them with an iphone 6s with bluetooth connection.

The first pairing procedure with garmin connect app was ok.

I use wahoo app to track my speed and cadence data.

After the first training (everything ok data transmitted and registered), the speed sensor didn't pair with garmin connect app anymore. I removed it from "my garmin devices" and from bluetooth devices on ios and did the pairing procedure with garmin connect app again, but this timeit failed!

I tried everything!

- removed the sensor from "my garmin devices" in garmin connect app again

- removed the sensor from bluetooth devices on ios again

- rebooted iphone

- removed the battery from the sensor

- removed and installed again garmin connect app

- created a new garmin account

the pairing procedure was still failing.

then I asked garmin to delete my first account data and after that I could pair the sensor successfully with garmin connect app again! but just on time!!!

the speed sensor doesn't pair with garmin connect app again!

if I ignore garmin connect app pairing issues, I still have pairing issues with wahoo app: sometimes it works fine, sometimes it connects to booth speed and cadence sensors but data are not transmitted and I can't see my speed and cadence, sometimes data are transmitted only by one sensor and not the other and vice versa!!!

This is crazy and these f******** sensor are driving me insane!!!

I read a lot of other people having issues with these sensors. why garmin is not helping and I'm not finding solutions?

is it software or hardware issues? I bought the sensors with Amazon so I can easily ask for a replacement, but if it is a software issue I will be driven mad again!

please help