This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin speed sensor 2 not waking up

Former Member
Former Member

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently bought a spinbike and a garmin speed and cadence sensor 2 kit to start zwifting.
The problem is the speed sensors works only when I remove the battery cap and place it back again(starts blinking).
I’ve paired it with garmin connect and it says the battery is full.
That’s quite annoying everytime I’ve to remove the battery cap to start my daily training.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

• I was able to get it fixed tonight. What I did was to change the placement of my sensor. Instead of putting it sideways (attached parallel to the spinning wheel), I placed it horizontally in the rotor of the spinning bike (perpendicular to the wheel). It was a little tricky but now it wakes up every time I do the 2 revolutions thing. 

• Hi brand new sensor 2, same exact issue need to pop the battery out every time to wake up the sensor. however the cadence one connect right away. I paired both with my fenix 5 using ant+ and also paired with garmin connect app with Bluetooth BLE, all pairing worked and software updated to ver 2.3 for the sensor....still not waking up after 2 revolutions. does it need to be perpendicular to the spinning wheel ? 

• The problem that I found is that the battery cover can go on two ways. One with a tab at the lock-unlock symbols, and one with a short line mark at the lock-unlock symbol. The second way is the correct way, and it solved my problem. The projecting tab has to be at the bottom, not the top.

• Hi, same issue with the cadence sensor. Speed sensor connects and wakes up perfectly. Tried all the suggestions but nothing works…and the product is not even listed in the Garmin Connect app. Waste of money. If anybody has any other working solutions, please reply. 

• Any response from Garmin? Mine doesn't work even with a brand new battery.