This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No green light on Cadence Sensor 2

Hey

I've just received my Cadence Sensor 2 but getting NO green light or anything the device looks dead. I've tried a new battery but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas what I could do, please?

I've attached it to crank arm and went for a 10min ride and still no success on it.

• Tried again and found the the video. My problem is my sensor doesn;t blink

• I have the  same problem. I've tried everything that has been recommended in this forum but the green light has never blinked. It's frustrating.

• I have a new Cadence Sensor 2 that I disassembled before trying and now can't see how to reassemble it.

1) Do you remove the white sticky paper that is on a metal piece that also comes out?

2) Where does the metal piece go - in the basis unit or in the battery cover?

3) Finally - which way does the + side of the battery go? The manual shows the + side facing up toward the battery cover.

If you can help me solve this it'll save me a trip back to the store it came from AND I'll have cadence tomorrow.

• You have not to remove the white sticky paper. Look at this review at amazon.com, then you see where the problem is.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3FN0W2QVHKB3Z/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07PJKYXW5

"The battery is held into the cap by a small tin cage with small tabs. The larger of these tabs is a contact point that makes the circuit complete to give power to the unit." ...  "That contact tab was not bent over into the provided slot. Once I bent it over the sensor worked fine."

It looks that Garmin assembled some Cadence Sensor wrong.

• Did anyone get a resolution on this?  I've seen this question asked in several different ways on the internet and no definitive answer anywhere!!!  Can anyone give a straight forward answer to this, please?

• This completely fixed my problem.  Who knew all these sensors were shipped without good battery connections.  Thanks to the Amazon customer, I know have a functioning cadence sensor.

• I’ve bought the speed sensor second hand and it doesn’t have a casing for the battery.  Is it possible to get one somewhere?  Or is my purchase useless?

• I hope, too, that somebody has found the solution.

I think many of us don't have a battery contact problem --- the green light blinks when we close the battery cover.  However, when we spin the sensor, it doesn't wake up and blink. For my two sensors, they sometimes start after a few seconds, often after 20 - 30 seconds, sometimes not at all.  I have cleaned the contacts and bent them upwards --- so I think the battery is well connected.  When the sensor is connected, the battery status says OK.

• Yea same problem as you. Got the speed sensor working just can’t seem to wake up the Cadence sensor. Not sure what to do.

• I may have found the solution to my problem.  I had a nearby magnet mounted for another wired speedometer.  It didn't affect the cadence measurement, but it may have prevented the cadence sensor to wake up.  After I moved the cadence sensor further away from the magnet, it wakes up instantaneously.