This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 will not pair with Garmin Connect

I have a Speed Sensor 2 but cannot get it to pair with Garmin Connect on iOS. 

• I spin the sensor a bit to get it to wake up
  • I tap on Add Device
  • It recognises the sensor and says “Speed Sensor 2 found”
  • I tap on “Connect it”
  • It then says “Connecting to Speed Sensor 2” and below a progress bar it says “Completing setup of your device”
  • My phone asks me if I want to pair it via bluetooth and a say yes
  • Nothing happens for a while and then it says “Pairing Failed - unable to pair your Garmin device”

I have tried everything from retrying, removing from phone bluetooth and adding back, removing and reinstalling the battery, etc

I can pair it fine to my Fenix 5 via ANT+ and I get speed data so I know that is working. 

Just can’t get the thing to pair with Garmin Connect. 

Any ideas?

• If you have not been able to fix this yet try the following as it just solved the problem for me. 

1. Remove it from EVERYTHING!.

• Garmin Connect on Phone
    • Garmin Connect on the web
    • Remove the sensor from Bluetooth on the phone

2. Remove battery completely for at least 30 seconds

3. Cross your fingers, say a prayer

4. Put it all back together

5. add the sensor back in. 

Finally, if you have firmware 2.30 you have the current firmware. 

Good Luck!

• It looks like I found a solution. I'll tell you how I solved this problem.

The fact is that the speed sensor transmits data via ANT + by default. Therefore, it begins to record the workout on his own. It is impossible to do anything through Garmin Connect.

It is necessary in watches (I have Garmin Forrunner 945) in the settings to find "sensors and accessories" and there to change the method of data transfer from ANT + to BTE (bluetooth)! Then, as usual, through the watches, I start the workout and all my sensors (heart rate monitor, cadence and speed) transmit data to the watch. In Garmin Connect and Strava, one training session is recorded with all the recorded data.

At the same time, the problem of automatically creating an unnecessary workout for you also disappears.

• I was having trouble with mine, removed the battery and turned upside down, replaced cover and left for a few minutes. Put battery back in the correct way and everything was okay.

• Tried to take out the battery many times, didn'n work.

Changed the battery with a fresh one, work after 3 tries.