This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speedsensor only syncs one ride at a time

I installed on speedsensor on the bike of my daughter. As she doesnt have a mobile phone i use a Android tablet to sync her rides. But with every connection to the sensor only one ride gets transferred and then the sync stucks (the led stops blinking red/green)

I can wait until a error comes ir deactivate/activate bluetooth to start the next sync.

The sync-circle gets full only after i synced 5(days)*2(rides) times...

To be shure its not a problem of this special tablet i used another tablet and got the same result. Thats annoing.

• I kept it dead simple: based on the time of the day, since I always ride to work at roughly the same time. One could of course do more sophisticated things here like use the GPS or even the connection status to the sensor, but my simple solution works well for me

• This is a really smart solution!

Is your application iOS or Android? Could you give us a link or the full name of the app?

I am really disappointed by Garmin regarding this problem. It seems they are doing to effort to find a solution on their side. I have created a ticket on this topic last week: no answer!

• On iOS use the built in 'Shortcuts' app. Open it, at the bottom pick 'Automation' then pick a time or as I do a location (somewhere on my commute), then use 'Search for apps and actions' for Bluetooth.  You then need pick turning Bluetooth Off.  Repeat to turn it back on.

The way I have it set is partway along my cycle commute the Bluetooth turns off automatically and then about a mile up the road it turns it back on again and sync's all the rides it has missed, in addition I also have a timed automation to turn bluetooth on at 9am and 6pm each day just in case..  Occasionally it does not work, but I am not sure if that is just Garmin Connect being crap.

However, it would be much better if Garmin did not have such crappy software to start with and actually cared about their customers.