This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 paired, but no speed data transmitted on iOS

Speed Sensor 2 is paired using Bluetooth, but no data is transmitted (wheel speed is zero).

I use "Cyclemeter" and "Runtastics Road Bike Pro" on iOS.

Both app can see the sensor (app said that firmware of sensor is 2.3.0), but unable to retrieve speed information.

However, sensor sends speed data if I use ANT+ (through ANT+/BLE converter).

I tried doing something using Garmin connect app (the latest version, 4.21) , but it failed to connect device.

How can I fix this problem? - I want to using Speed Sensor 2 using Bluetooth.

• I am having the same problem with an iPhone X. I get N/A for both speed and cadence. This is really disappointing.

• Yeah, still having the same issue. The sensors are worthless to me so far. I would have figured a software update might have fixed it by now, but it's been months.

• I have the same issue with a new Speed and Cadence Sensor 2.  I called Garmin support and after a relatively short call they said they would ship out replacement sensors.  I suspect they have a number of defective ones out there.  I'm surprised that no one from Garmin has commented on this topic as it seems many people have the same issue.  

• Hi together

Wow, the same problem since 1 year... crazy.
    I've bought the speedsensor at 28th of decembre 2020. Yesterday i've send it back. 
    Garmin told me, that they know the problem. They will update the Garmin Connect App at the end of january 2021....

I'm now a "Wahooligan". The speed and the cadence sensor works perfectly....

• Just spoke to Garmin and they claim not to know about this issue and say no one has reported it :-(

Very disappointed in Garmin support, they have replaced mine 3 times and still have the problem......

• Hi guys, yesterday I did a longer indoor ride on my roller - both speed and cadence sensor where transmitting to my edge with ant+. Afterwards I wanted to still add a ZWIFT ride on my bike trainer. My companion app on an iphone with ios 14.6 was signaliing that speed and cadence sensor where connected. However they where not transmitting any data. I tried everything (removing batteries from sensors, removing sensors from bluetooth on iphone, resetting the iphone network settings). Nothing worked. Also the speed sensor was recognized by the garmin app on my phone but was not able to complete pairing. I then used another iphone and sensors where working perfectly - transmitting data via bluetooth. It definitly seems to be an issue with the iphone. However I'm not ready to reset it to factory settings yet and will continue using the old phone. Perhaps this will help Garmin and Apple to find a solution!

• The same thing is happening to me two years later!

IThe same thing is happening to me two years later!

I can’t believe GARMIN hasn’t fixed this problem.  

i’m running iOS 15.2.  The sensors connect via ANT+ Just fine.

They connect via Bluetooth to my iPhone but have failed to transmit any data. The weird thing is that they initially worked fine but then Suddenly failed to transmit data. Everything was zeroed out.

suddenly failed to transmit data. Everything was zeroed out.

It worked on Zwift and TACX. But now it's connected but not data.

These are going back to Amazon.