This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 paired, but no speed data transmitted on iOS

Speed Sensor 2 is paired using Bluetooth, but no data is transmitted (wheel speed is zero).

I use "Cyclemeter" and "Runtastics Road Bike Pro" on iOS.

Both app can see the sensor (app said that firmware of sensor is 2.3.0), but unable to retrieve speed information.

However, sensor sends speed data if I use ANT+ (through ANT+/BLE converter).

I tried doing something using Garmin connect app (the latest version, 4.21) , but it failed to connect device.

How can I fix this problem? - I want to using Speed Sensor 2 using Bluetooth.

• I have same issue, rides without head unit come through on GC but without speed or distance

• I have exactly the same issue on iOS 13. No speed or distance, just duration.

• Same problem with iPad Pro 12.9. Cadence and speed sensor v2. All works fine though with iPhone 8 and iOS13

• Hi guys,

I’m having a similar problem with Garmin Connect, Zwift and CycleMeter using Bluetooth. I’m using an iPhone X (iOS 13). On all three apps, the speed is always zero.

I tried the same scenario using an old iPad mini 2 (iOS 12). On all three apps, I could see the speed value. I'm not sure if the incompatibility is a from the hardware(iPhone X vs iPad mini 2) or software (iOS version).

I bought the bundle with cadence, and the cadence works fine on both iPhone and iPad.

The firmware version on the Speed Sensor 2 is v2.30 and it is the latest. So, no luck trying to update the firmware from the iPad to connect to the iPhone later.

• What surprises me is that people are complaining about this issue has been months, and I haven't seen a solution yet. Does anyone know the Garmin position about that?

• I bought the bundle, speed and cadence sensors to use on my iPhone XR and they worked fine separately, but I could never get them to connect simultaneously. I contacted support, but they did not really confirm if simultaneous connection is supported on iOS, so I returned them back Disappointed.

• i can't get the speed or cadence sensors to report any data work individually or together on an iPhone XS. They work fine on an iPad Pro 10.5ʺ with the same i(Pad)OS version. This seems to be an incompatibility between these sensors and Bluetooth on newer iOS devices. Has anyone managed to get Garmin to even acknowledge that this is a problem?

• My heart rate sensor HRM-Dual works fine with iPhone8 and Garmin 1030 but still not with the iPad Pro 12.9 which I wanted to use with Kinomap  Unfortunately I have to use the mini screen of the iPhone.
    Is there a way to update the sensor firmware ?

• Yes, should update if connected to the Connect app, or by BLE to a Garmin head unit.

Not sure how old the current release is (2.30); unlike the head units there aren't any release notes.

• I'm having the same issue with using the Wahoo app on my iPhone X. The speed sensor pairs, but no speed data is transferred. For awhile the cadence sensor was working, but that recently started doing the same thing. I contacted Garmin support and they directed me to Wahoo. I contacted Wahoo and they directed me back to Garmin. Seeing that it seems to be an issue with multiple apps, I think it's on Garmin to fix it.