This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 activities with wrong timezone

Hi,

I have a Speed Sensor 2 on my commuter bike which is connected to my phone via Bluetooth and I observe the following problem: all recorded activities show up in GC with an (I guess) UTC timestamp. Since I live in the CEST timezone, all activities are 2 hours to early. I tried to find some setting to correct for that but not successful. Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Best,

andreas301 

• Is there any likelihood of this being resolved? It's more than a year later, and like many other users I am still experiencing this exact same problem.

It feels like Garmin is providing very poor support here.

• Still not fixed! Reports GMT in Garmin Connect despite "Upload time zone" being set to "(GMT+02:00) Europe/Athens Time". Also at the moment it is "summer time" - it would be nice to have this automatically adjusted to GMT+3!

• I am a new speed sensor 2 user. Bought in the winter when we were on GMT. Now we are on BST (GMT +1) I have noticed this error. Looking at GC diagnostics it shows GMT.  have logged with Garmin Support and they have opened a ticket. Will let you know when I hear something back.

• I bought a new Garmin Speed Sensor 2 a couple of days ago.

If I go to https://connect.garmin.com/ and open any of my bikerides (which I've recorded with my new speed sensor) I can see that they have all been assigned the correct date- and clocktime but an incorrect timezone. I live in timezone GMT+1 but my bikerides from Garmin Speed Sensor 2 have incorrectly been assigned to GMT-1.

I also have a Garmin Instinct watch and all it's activities have been assigned the correct timed, date and timezone.

EDIT: A couple of days later I reported my issue to Garmin's technical support and they replied that they aware of it and will fix it in the next firmware update. I'm currently running version 2.3 so I'm assuming that's gonna be something like version 2.4.

• I bought a Speed Sensor 2 on 6/28/2021 from Garmin website, software Version 2.30.0.0.

I did a ride this morning 7/6/2021 at 12:27 PM (EST, US, GMT-5).

The activity as displayed on Connect-web and Connect-mobile shows a GMT-01.00 Azores Time and the time as 4:37 PM (4 hours difference). I really don't care what timezone it shows as long as the time-of-day is correct.

And yes, I changed the time on the individual activity, but I'm not looking forward to doing that from now on. BTW: The time on my phone and laptop are set correctly.

So this problem still exists at least 2 years from the original post. Geez.

This really seems to be a Connect software problem that does not translate the sensor date/time data when it receives it. One more of many problems with the Connect software. Have you ever noticed that the activity data you see on the mobile app does not match what you see on the web site? Sloppy.

Why can't the Connect-mobile app update the sensor via ANT or BT.

• Still the same problems. I can't believe how there is no time zone setting.

Also a default gear setting should be available - it's not necessarily the same bike that is set up with this device.

Default activity privacy should be an option as well. As this is used as a backup recorder for me, the activities should be private. Whenever the wrist watch is not used these Speed Sensor 2 recordings could be changed as public.

• I hope it will be fixed soon, beacause it makes it more difficult to use the way it is now.

• This is a Garmin Connect error. Activities from the Sensor uploaded to Strava (via GC sync, actually) are always showing correct timezone.

• This is a motion sensor only. The app or activity is the one for wheel size, gears, etc.

I've since come to believe that Garmin does not really support this sensor being connected directly to Connect, it should be connected to the fitness device, ie a watch, etc.

• I confirm it is an issue at garmin connect level since the same data are correctly processed in Strava…

i have mentioned this point négatif n thé ticket i created 1 year ago. After a couple of follow up emails I eventually received an answer asking me to call the support. What I did. But the only support he could provide was to offer some help to update the app or the firmware of the sensor. All of them were already up to date. I haven’t felt the courage to complaint they don’t provide a support level 2.

bottom line, I was told that they cannot do anything else and that I should wait for the next update of connect. 
    you know the rest of the story. It was one year ago, connect has been updated but the issue is still there. 
    i am not sure Garmin will ever take care of this seriously one day