This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Life

Got my Athlete on Thursday and charged it to 100% straight away. After 3.5hrs of non-GPS activities without music and a lot of playing around with it by yesterday (Monday) it was down to 8% so I started a 'pretend' GPS activity to let it run down to zero. I then charged it up to 100% and left it charging for another hour - so hopefully it would have had a good chance to calibrate between 0% and 100%.

It's now 24 hours on and with no activities and just normal usage, it's dropped 14% so I'd predict a battery life of 7 days - less than what I came to expect with my f5+. Of course the battery indicator might still be as vague as the f5+ and maybe I will still get closer to the promised 12 days out of it, but what's other people's experience so far over the first few days of ownership?

Neil
  • My Marq Expedition uses 1%/hour, this hapened all day till now. Yesterday I got sometimes 0.2%/hour so quite fluctuating (O2 and HR on), only stock watch faces and apps and only a Garmin tri hR belt as external sensors used when running. So, Garmin has to work more on this FW to make it reach the estimated battery life.
  • Just did a 1 hour 22 minute run without music which dropped the battery 5-6%, whereas a 1 hour run with music uses at least 10%. Thumbsup

• Tested this yesterday/today. 

• All sensors on and collecting data constantly, including Pulse Ox.
    • 1 hour of GPS

• = 18% battery drain in 24 hours. 

Looking back, I'm averaging a charge every three days. I typically do about 6 activities of some kind a day, 4 with GPS.

Pretty happy with that.

• Pulse OFF, did exactly one hour run with GPS+Glonass, external HR connected and 2 CIQ apps installled in the Run app. Battery consumption 10%! Which leads to the logical conclusion that I can do about 10hours with a full charge! Not quite good Garmin, right? I hope you are working hard on a FW update to make better of the battery usage.

I am aware of the issues with battery usage outside GPS usage and I can live with that, but during an exercise ... So looking fwd for an update.

• Try without the CIQ apps. Use the watch as out of the box with Pulse Ox off and then report. I used GPS+GLONASS last evening connected to external heart rate for 90 mins and dropped around 6%

• Probably it will consume less, but Fenix 5 under same CIQ app was taking less battery than MarQ

• Expedition here... constantly loosing around 18% overnight in about 8 hours... Pulse Oxy Off...

About 1.8%/hour during the day, no activity, just activity tracjer. Two hard resets, no improvement

• Current battery consumption with the stock digital watch face + 1h30m cycling with HRM and GPS. 

Pretty satisfied with the battery life with the digital watch face. The Marq watch face is another story though Disappointed

Now, if the digital watch face could show the bezel indicators I would be over the moon.

• I am on beta 3.34 - charged to 100% 2 days and 12 hours ago. Went for 2 runs with GPS totalling 3 hours. O2 sensors is off. So, now after latest run the watch takes 1% battery /hour and I have only 31% left... After not even 3 days. So Garmin, you have to do much better than this!

• Firmware 3.4, 3 hard resets later....still averaging 1.8% per hour (no activities, just smartwatch mode and activity tracking on).... Not happy!