This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Life

Got my Athlete on Thursday and charged it to 100% straight away. After 3.5hrs of non-GPS activities without music and a lot of playing around with it by yesterday (Monday) it was down to 8% so I started a 'pretend' GPS activity to let it run down to zero. I then charged it up to 100% and left it charging for another hour - so hopefully it would have had a good chance to calibrate between 0% and 100%.

It's now 24 hours on and with no activities and just normal usage, it's dropped 14% so I'd predict a battery life of 7 days - less than what I came to expect with my f5+. Of course the battery indicator might still be as vague as the f5+ and maybe I will still get closer to the promised 12 days out of it, but what's other people's experience so far over the first few days of ownership?

Neil
  • Battery consumption after 2 days with the new firmware now averaging 2.2%/hour. No activities, smart notification turned off, no pulse oxy....

Running an activity with GPS+GLONASS just slightli increases the consumption.... Have the feeling, GPS is constantly running in background (which it probably is not, since it still takes a while to get a SAT lock when starting an activity...)

• From day 1 I thought the same thing. The marq athlete watch face should have customizable data fields. Heart rate is certainly an extra drain, to what extent I have no idea. I’m running a digital face and it’s much better. I really wish they would allow any face to have the little vo2 arrows and recovery.... wouldn’t you all agree?

• I have got the exact same problem, now I am at 1,8% drain/h! Overnight drain of 15%! with new FW, previously I did not lose any charge overnight.

• What watch face have you guys got and do you have either All Day Pulse Ox or Whilst Sleeping Pulse Ox settings On? Some CIQ watch faces and the unique MARQ watch face burn noticeably more power than a stock digital watch face. In my experience, the most significant hit came from having Pulse Ox On; which did lead to 1.5% battery per hour (or more) over a long test period.

• Even tried the stock digital watch face without seconds, just date and steps displayed....no improvement

• Interesting... updated to 3.4 12 hours ago while at 100% charge.

I’m getting .5% drain an hour with Pulse Ox on, what I usually got overnight before.

• Athlete watch face, pulse Ox is off. Everything was fine till yesterday, and now I get this drain. My watch is currently (16h39) estimating 22,9 hours, and I charged it yesterday evening at 22h. 

• Did you do a workout? I've found, with the default MARQ watch face, that it usually sits at around 0.4-0.5% per hour. However, if I do a workout, the battery drain skyrockets afterwards. It's as if it does not turn off something (GPS?) after the workout. The only way to make it settle back down is to connect the charger.

• Even no workout. Charged in the evening, 15% loss overnight. Did a big workout yesterday (3h40 cycling with GPS), a small one this morning (17 minutes cycling with GPS) and now the battery drain is less prominent. But still, fully charged Saturday evening (22h), now (Monday 10h) I am at 45,9% -> 1,5%/h

• wassup psycato.. how do you get to that screen? thanks