MARQ Athlete (Gen1): Battery Type

Posting here as the Gen1 MARQ forum has been locked.

As my battery is quickly fading, and I would not be willing to pay the 800+ EUR Garmin fee, I will be attempting to do it myself.

Does anyone knows what type of battery I would need to replace the one in a Gen 1 MARQ?

Thanks!

Mandini

Top Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear the battery life is declining. We would recommend using caution when considering replacing the watch battery yourself. Garmin does not sell the individual parts, or publish…

All Replies

• Hello

I am sorry to hear the battery life is declining. We would recommend using caution when considering replacing the watch battery yourself. Garmin does not sell the individual parts, or publish the specifics of these because doing these repairs yourself will expose the internal mechanisms of the watch. This will breach the water proofing seal, and could expose the internal parts to damage. 

While seeking a replacement with Garmin Product support may be costly, the replacement you receive will then have a warranty coverage in case there are any concerns. 

Since our forum threads for the Marq Gen 1 series are archived, if you have future concerns, please visit Garmin Support page here for questions and assistance. We are always committed to helping where we can.