Add Persian (Farsi) notification support

Hi,

Please add display instinct support for Persian (Farsi) characters, which is very similar to Arabic characters, with some (less than 8) character differences...

People from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Iran, Pakistan and some from Bahrain, Iraq, India and european countries text in Persian (Farsi).

Full persian support is not what i said, just support to display smart notifications written in Persian.

Parents
  • So 7 of the Farsi numeric characters have different unicodes despite being identical in shape with the Arabic forms? The question is whether Garmin can easily implement a transcription like that.

Yes thats right. Although, They (digits) are not necessary to be added... Because even in Farsi, Arabic & English digits are being widely used... 

OK, I finally did it myself, and it looks like only 4 characters are missing: پ  چ  ژ  گ 

In addition to those 4 characters, There are two others which are ی (U+06CCwhich is ي (U+064A) in arabic, And ک (U+06A9) which is ك (U+0643) in arabic (Which arabic equivalents are currently supported). In addition to that, these two character's shapes (which is very similar but not equal) really doesn't matter in Farsi (and like what i said about Farsi digits, It's code can be transcripted to Arabic equivalent and then being displayed).

Thanks for your GREAT help trux. So, how to contact Garmin now? Do they read these posts?

• So 7 of the Farsi numeric characters have different unicodes despite being identical in shape with the Arabic forms? The question is whether Garmin can easily implement a transcription like that.

Yes thats right. Although, They (digits) are not necessary to be added... Because even in Farsi, Arabic & English digits are being widely used... 

OK, I finally did it myself, and it looks like only 4 characters are missing: پ  چ  ژ  گ 

In addition to those 4 characters, There are two others which are ی (U+06CCwhich is ي (U+064A) in arabic, And ک (U+06A9) which is ك (U+0643) in arabic (Which arabic equivalents are currently supported). In addition to that, these two character's shapes (which is very similar but not equal) really doesn't matter in Farsi (and like what i said about Farsi digits, It's code can be transcripted to Arabic equivalent and then being displayed).

Thanks for your GREAT help trux. So, how to contact Garmin now? Do they read these posts?

Children