This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pool crashes

Version 16. Still crashes in a pool swim activity, random crashes at 1000, 500 and 250 yards. Not Happy!

• Thanks, I have now created a custom power mode for pool activity, let's see what happens next time. The other issue I have in pool training is that I have pool size seet in meters, as well training set in meters, but the watch seems to measure the laps in yards, as it rings before the end of the lap. In normal pool swim it counts meters correctly. Have opened a ticket, let's see what happens.

• Hello, I have the same issue, garmin is restarting when Im using swimming app

• Meanwhile that we re waiting for a fix, as explained above create a custom power profile without mobile connection, customize Pool Swim activity to always use that power mode. I'm using it 3 times a week and I don't have this problem anymore.

• so I have just managed to video my watch crashing there now. it does it every time on pool swim and that is with the custom power mode. I've just posted the video on reddit if you want to see but the issue certainly wasnt resolved for me and I've posted before to say that unless Garmin fix it immediately then a full product recall and refund should occur. Fitbit has recalled all of it's ionics which used to be the flagship device due to a battery issue so why can't garmin follow suit and do the same?

• Just search "Garmin instinct solar" on reddit and then sort new and mine is the newest post with the video

• Still getting pool swoim crashes on v16.91 . I've noticed the last couple of times that it's preceded by stress and body battery showing no value for an hour or so,  I've only spotted this after the crash when I've checked how much of the pool swim activity has been recorded.

• Software update 16.50. My instinct solar crashes one out of three after pressing the stop button. Usually I do it directly at the end of the workout. The dissatisfaction continues. I don't understand the proposed solutions to this bug. Can someone from the users or Garmin give a full reply?

• Software update 16.50. My instinct solar crashes on swimming mode one out of three after pressing the stop button. Usually I do it directly at the end of the workout. Can you please give support?

• same again today - watch crashed while pool swimming and recorded 23 mins out of 30 mins of the activity.  After checking the activity, I checked the body battery and stress and there was around 6 hours with no data preceding the swim.