Tides incorrect

Can't get the correct tide times

I am stood on the beach. Set the tides location to my current location but all the tide times are still out.

Any ideas how to fix this or is it just terrible programming?

• I am sorry we do not have specific information available other than what has already been given above.

• Hi, there is a lot of people with incorrect tide information. Garmin should change the source of tide data information. For example my location. San sebastian-gipuzkoa-Spain....incorrect data,

• hello i'm having the same problem!
    Today I received my exchange Garmin because the first one damaged the ABC button, in the first one the tides worked perfectly but this new one has -1 hour for the same places in Portugal - Aveiro and Matosinhos, it will be a problem in this new equipment since the previous one worked well??
  • I couldn't answer this I'm afraid.  Have you tried sending this info to [email protected]

• Whatever you’re using is wrong - like 4 hours wrong according to local tide tables. I’ve also verified this a number of times because I couldn’t believe it. If you can’t get hold of tide tables, get an app called AyeTides this is highly accurate and almost exactly corresponds to tide tables. Garmin - sort it out!

• Thanks for all the useful info in this thread. I’m also having issues with incorrect tide times for Sussex. I’ve tried a number of times whilst on the beach, connected to my phone, in different locations…

I’m loving the rest of the watch but bought it specifically because of the tide time function and it is wildly inaccurate (4 hours +) at the moment. I sent all the info to Garmin and haven’t heard anything back after two weeks. I spoke with Garmin Europe support and was told it wasn’t their issue, but wrong data (from World Weather Online) for which they take no responsibility. They are investigating this ‘niche’ issue. I asked if they would extend my warranty until it was sorted but they wouldn’t because ‘there is nothing wrong with the watch’.

Has anyone else had any luck with contacting World Weather Online? I have tried the email addresses in this thread and also via their website but have had no response in two weeks. 

Keen to know if others’ issues were sorted in the end, or if I should reluctantly return my watch while it’s in the 30 day returns policy.

• To be honest. I would return the watch if I were you. I did manage to have contact with world weather online and the issue was resolved close enough to the actual tide times to be of use. However they are once again wildly out and I haven't got round to contacting them again.

Garmin customer service is beyond awful. At least they were honest with you. I was told they are looking into it. After a few months I contacted them again. They told me that my case was still open and they would let me know when they found anything. This was several months ago now and still haven't heard anything. They just don't care that they are misleading people by selling a watch that doesn't do what they say it does

• Just for the sake of providing another experience:

Like how I described in the other thread I linked to in my previous post, I got a friendly reply and prompt action from WWO within two weeks. This was 4 months ago and the tides on my watch today are still correct today. This period also covered one switch from Daylight Savings Time (DST) to "regular" (winter) time.

Am I confident that this will now stay correct indefinitely? No.

I feel like both Garmin and WWO are sort of pointing at each other, neither being willing to take responsibility and solve this for real. It would be great if Garmin would throw in their weight with WWO to force them to enhance the quality of the data, enabling themselves (Garmin) to fulfill on their promises to their customers. Alas, I think the userbase of people that own this product ánd actually use it is too small to act upon, it's all economics. I'm actually more curious what other customers WWO provides the same faulty tide-data to and why these other customers are willing to put up with this...

• Thanks everyone. I completely agree that Garmin should lean on WWO to ensure their data is accurate, or look at other data providers. I have no expertise on this, but there are plenty of other sites, apps, etc that seem to get accurate tide data and provide it publicly, free of charge. I think that is what is most frustrating - it seems like it should be a fairly easy fix (admittedly, I have no experience in programming or data capturing)...

Think I have two days to return, so might make one last pitch to Garmin and WWO, but if then I think it will have to go back.