This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget temperature not updating

Instinct Solar paired with iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14.1 using Connect 4.36.0.25. The temperature on the weather widget does not change unless I manually sync with the iPhone, is this the expected behavior? If so, it's practically useless. 

• Not necessarily true, I have tried enabling all the settings to no avail.

• Previously all was OK with weather (Android), but 2 or 3 days widget does not work. I forever see "waiting for data". Phone App permissions are OK. I also did a manual location to my city in Connect, but I got the same result.

• It appears the Weather Widget works well, but the "bubble" temperature is useless.  It pulled the temp reading twice today, and I'm still trying to figure out as to what app it gets the weather data from.  I have all the settings wide open on my iPhone so I don't see the reason for the Weather widget working 100% while the current temperature doesn't update as it should....

• The Weather widget on my Instinct Solar also stopped working several days ago.  It was working and I've not changed any settings on the watch or my Android mobile.  In the past I've gotten the message "waiting for data", but a Sync would resolve that.  Now doing a Sync does not update the Weather widget

• My Instinct upgraded to 13.20 and now the Weather widget is working.

• The same:

12.20 - does not work

13.20 - works

• Check the app permissions. Noticed weather doesn't update when location is set to "only when using the app". Must be set to always.

• hey there, I had the same issue and I think I might have figured out what's causing it. but I'd like to hear if the same works for you.

So my weather used to sync normally, but then all of a sudden it stoped. Luckily I figured that this problem started occuring about the same time I've started using "battery saver" mode. so I disabled battery saver mode, and nothing. Watch syncs, the app syncs, everything else seems to work, only the weather widget is "waiting for data", and the temp on the watch face is from few days ago. after restarting the watch, like power off and on again, without power saver mode, weather widget starts magically syncing again.

So my guess is: you either use battery saver mode, or you enabled battery saver mode while sleeping (it's hidden option under power saver option), or you might be using one of the alternative power profiles during an activity (this one's even better hidden since you can only activate those while running an activity). I presume that these alternative modes stop a service that's not properly restarted after you disabled it, but the good old "have you tried turning it off, and then on again" does the trick.

try disabling battery saver, also configure it so it doesn't activate while you sleep, and use the default power profile for all the activities.

looking forward to hearing if this helped anyone

Cheers

/Radr

• I have had the same experience. It synced, then it didn't, then it did again for a while, and now it's stopped again. I suspect an update to my android phone may have triggered it but cant be sure. I might give this experiment a try...but this shouldn't be the solution. Garmin should just provide a fix. Clearly a badly designed/integrated basic feature, as the many posts on this thread indicate.

• i have the same problem, Garmin is really stupid product if it cannot male position+weather update even if all connected, all online, all settings active, but still to make update you need to restart Garmin watches otherwise the weather is not updated from iphone to Garmin - this is really fail of Garmin OS SW development!