This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget temperature not updating

Instinct Solar paired with iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 14.1 using Connect 4.36.0.25. The temperature on the weather widget does not change unless I manually sync with the iPhone, is this the expected behavior? If so, it's practically useless. 

• The iPhone iOS and Connect Mobile must both push the update to your Instinct Solar. Meanwhile, IOS is also balancing battery life on your iPhone to improve it. The best way to approach this is to keep the Connect Mobile APP open on your iPhone in the background. Do not force close it. Sync in the morning then leave it. This changed after the release of iOS 13. Leaving the GCM APP open has vastly helped with the communication and your iPhone is less likely to stop pushing weather updates to your watch.

• Yep, the app is open in the background. iOS location is set to always and I am not in low power mode and still not getting update regularly. What's the frequency of update? Ideally, I like to keep my phone in low power mode which disable background app refresh, is that needed? 

• same problem here with solar instinct on 12.20 and samsung a50 on android 10 and gcm app to last version. most of the times watch cant update weather widget and shows previously updated weather or waiting for data. 

• Yes same issue here (android Samsung A5). Weather does not update.

• Just another issue with the watch. First time buying a Garmin watch. Weather doesn't update, though the watch has GPS. You still have to have your phone nearby. If I wanted to have to use two electronic items to do the exact same thing. Why buy the watch. 

• The GPS satellites send position data information along with time/date information but not the type of data that weather falls under. Consequently, this is why weather comes from your smartphone's GPS positioning across cellular internet or Wi-Fi to pull from the nearest regional weather station.

• Same here, iPhone 12 Pro on IOS 14.4.1 and Garmin Connect 40.40.0.28.   Would be interesting to find out the weather app data “source” as I’m not sure if it is using the default IOS weather app.   Also, where is the barometric data coming from?  If that needs a connection to the phone then the storm warning feature is useless.   The temperature now “bubble” feature definitely needs to be fixed programmatically as it doesn’t work well....

• Also, where is the barometric data coming from?

From a pressure sensor. You need data connection only for the DEM (Digital Elevation Model) type fo calibration, not for detecting any pressure changes, and also not for the remaining types of calibration (GPS, manual)

• The same issue. Android. Last Connect app from google play. Weather does not work.

• The privacy and location permissions are the #1 reason I have seen weather not working when interacting with customers using an Android smartphone.

This Support Center article may help - The Weather Widget Is Not Displaying Weather on My Garmin Product