This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Instinct Solar has the same batteries as the first generation

Since September 1, he has been testing batteries in Garmin Instinct and Garmin instinct Solar watches

The battery lasted in both watches until September 16.

The specifications show that the first generation garmin instinct should last 14 days and tested it with a 24/7 heart rate measurement it lasted 16 days! so it is better to buy this watch than the Garmin Instinct Solar, which in the specification has 24 to 54 days in charging mode solar energy - In my opinion it does not work, because it keeps the same amount of time as the first generation !! Soon I will start recording videos on the YouTube channel comparing both watches, what are the differences between them. At the moment, I am very disappointed with the Garmin Instinct Solar model.

• Charging from the sun probably doesn't work for you. I had an older generation and it lasted as you write. And on GPS for only 16 hours, Solar lasted me with GPS for 40 hours. Solar lasts me up to 3 weeks even with GPS about 10 hours of use. The battery may be the same, but not the chipset and especially the charging from the sun. When I'm in the sun for about 3 hours, my battery will increase by up to 2% from the morning!

• I was in the sun with this watch for about 5 hours every day and I did not use GPS during the test period and the battery lasts only 16 days, I also turned on the battery saver, which turned off when I woke up in the morning.

• I have a first generation Garmin Instinct, I tested it and it lasted for 15 days. On day 16, I connected it to the charging station, because the message "Low Battery" appeared during the test, I did 8 strength training sessions lasting a total of 4 hours during the tests. I am very pleased with this result. I wanted to buy a garmin instinct solar, but I will hold off until there are more tests of this watch or if there is an update with drinking glasses of water.

• did you have SPO2 on? if i turn it on mine solar battery life is same as non solar

• So I think there is a defect. When you're in the sun, will the percentage of batteries increase?

• I have turned off and cannot be used when battery saving is on (which turns off when I get up in the morning)

• i have it on during sleep. dosent mather if you have power saving or not, it will still turn on during sleep if you have HR on

• My heart rate is on on both watches, i.e.
    Garmin Instinct (first generation) and Garmin Instict Solar.
    Both watches lasted the same amount of time.

The next test I'm going to do will be on GPS 

Garmin Instinct vs Garmin Instinct Solar. Which will last longer on GPS?

• So are your oxygen metering turned off?
    I've had both Instinct and Instinct Solar for a while, so the difference in battery life is big. Solar lasts twice as long, even though I'm only in the sun for a few hours, if more, then 3x more.
  • What about spo2 when you sleep?  You can fins it in the sertings. If tou have that on then i understand that you have same battery on both