No solar charging in Instinct 2 Solar?

Recently I found that my Instinct 2 Solar ONE PIECE LUFFY edition (Chinese version) cannot charge by solar energy once it was charged by USB. I noticed this problem in Garmin Connect app -> Solar Intensity. No solar intensity data for a few days after USB charging, even when the battery level has already dropped below 90%.

The software version is 13.21.

Top Replies

All Replies

• It works but I have to restart the every time after usb charging. It's a definitely a bug.
    Also the new Connect 4.77 has a ridiculous  Music Control bug (we have to downgrade to 4.76 unofficially)
    I switched from Amazfit to Garmin because Amazfit's buggy Zepp app. :D

• Similar issue, Instinct 2 Solar Tactical.

No solar charging since February according to Garmin Connect app. Noticed now with sun out and multiple tests with deliberate prolonged direct sunlight exposure after getting markedly shorter battery life for some time.

Solar intensity widget on watch shows no Solar charge at all, and the Solar charge icon in the top righthand corner is shown with a slash through it as though disabled.

Watch software is 14.12 (30c71f0),user location Europe.

Have tried the hold down Ctrl button reset method, still Solar Intensity charging widget shows the icon as disabled.

• update: 04/20/24 - stable 15.08 firmware has arrived on my Instinct 2s and the solar charging bug is still present along with many annoying bugs I've reported.
    Garmin should make their system free source if they're unable to fix it