Instinct 3 main features ?

It is now close to two years from launching Instinct 2 series and I was wondering what would be the main feature(s) that would sell the new Instinct 3 product ? 

I'll write few of my own thoughts/wishes and would like to hear from you fine folks...

1. Even better solar performance or maybe even charging on artificial/room light (as many Casio watches do, altought they are ultra-ultra-low power devices, i.e. don't have GPS/HR, etc. etc.):

I recall Instinct 1 had redish/bronze colored solar panel whereas Instinct 2 had more gray/greenish colored panel and had been more solar efficient than Instinct 1 (which was one of its selling points).

Then, on Instinct 2X we see again this "old" redish/bronze panel altough now on larger area thus being even more solar efficient/better than those smaller watches. I know there are many other factors impacting solar/power efficiency but it could be possible Garmin left some room here by possible future use of this seemingly more efficient gray/greenish solar panel on Instinct 3X.

2. Adding on-watch routing in navigation (but not full mapping as in Fenix/Epix):

This means this time roads, pathways, tracks would be visible and on-watch routable as in Fenix, and nothing more than that. For example, very old Fenix 2 had some form of mapping/routing in low-resolution monochrome display ten (10) years ago.

3. Laser beam for measuring nearby distance:

This is a bit streched feature (and probably power mega-hog) but after introducing flashlight into the Instinct series I see this watch more of a tool now :-)

So, what are your thoughts on new Instinct 3 ? Share some of it, go wild ... :-)

• It needs working yoga. They refused to fix Instinct 2 series.

• that is just bs from manufacturer. how do real watches change battery or service and still have 300 m water resistant..

would be nice if you could send it to garmin after couple of years and get service and new battery, like casio does, but they want you to buy a new watch instead

• When travelling and sharing tracks, not everyone uses garmin apps. And you could use it on an computer without cable. 

The easiest way to get data from one device to another would be to send it directly via Bluetooth. On computer: right klick on the file -> send to -> Bluetooth 

Maybe queit specific use howeever i think it would make things easier 

• When travelling and sharing tracks, not everyone uses garmin apps.

You can send a track from explore by email as a gpx file. The recipient does not need a Garmin app

• 1. Bring back the sunflower yellow from the Instinct 1

2. Give us software parity with the Fenix series - I want to be able swap between my Garmin watches depending on what's the most suitable without having to think about or compromise on software functionality or metrics - even if this means a more expensive 'pro' option

3. More RAM on the non-X models

4. See 1

• Sending Tracks and POI from watch to without an phone. 

• Sending Tracks and POI from watch to without an phone. 

Sending them how and where? Currently, you can send without the phone, using the USB cable and a computer with Garmin Express.

And if you mean sending Courses and POI to the watch from the phone (or vice versa) without mobile data connection, then you can do with the app Garmin Explore.

• - High resolution mips display (black and white, as is)
    - Photovoltaic layer to be less reflective and not colour tinted but closer to a dark grey or black
    - A little bit more space between graphic elements and the border of the visible display areas
    - Less input lag / faster response when interacting with the device
    - Custom alarm names
    - Reduction is physical design elements that can currently trap dirt (inner bezel area)

Apart from the device, maybe a web editor for us to easily design watch faces (and link data fields to GUI elements) to upload to IQ.

I have been thoroughly impressed with my Instinct 2 solar, it was / is my first Garmin purchase, it really is tough. I was basically in the bush 24/7 for the last 2 years with only a single power source for a bit of light in the evenings and to charge a device or two, other than that I had to walk hundreds of meters to get water every day and I had to make fire every time I wanted to cook (when I caught / had food) or boil water. Most of the time I was collecting wood. My clothes and shoes took a serious beating but my instinct surprisingly did not get a single scratch. Even the mist grey colour I chose stood up surprisingly well but it is becoming harder to clean as the days go by but I'm now back in "civilization" which I'm not too thrilled about.

• I have had two I2X Solar and a Fenix 6X Pro Solar. I received a T-Rex 2 as a gift and I'm really impressed about the  gps accuracy and the rugged look of the watch. The screen is also amazing. I'm even thinking in buying the Ultra just for the maps and the premium design.

It's incredible good, comfortable, and the battery lasts my ultramarathons. I cannot be more happy.

It even makes me thinks the I2X watches I had looked bulky, slow and with very outdated hardware. Just a watch with a good gps and battery life. 

The T-rex 2, changed completely my mind of my other posts. Garmin's new I3 watch should be a completely renewed watch, as rich in features as the new watches with a good screen with a nice definition, with maps like any outdoor watch and just mantaining a rugged design and a very good battery life.

• I had the TRex 2 and loved it APART from the HR spikes.

I used a strap for activities but for general day to day it samples your HR every 10 mins and most of them would be 20+ beats too high unfortunately.

This then impacted on my rest stays.

How's yours holding up?