This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Instinct 2S Solar crashing randomly

Hi,

yesterday my watch crashed during trail running and then couple of minutes after the activity. The latest crash was last night and I lost sleep data. Is this software or hardware issue?

BR,

Janne

• I have a layout with 4 fields (Pace, Timer, Distance, HR). I have not used any other layouts. When I had several crashes 2 months ago, my GPS setting was (GPS+CLONASS). Then I switched to use only GPS and no crashes after that. Version 8.64.

• Hi Chris, same issue here. My instinct 2s updated today now won't sync, the time was wrong and it restarts every few minutes. I tried reseting it, now I can't set it up as it keeps restarting before the process is finished

• I am sorry your watch has an issue. What you are describing is well beyond the pattern of other restarting reports. Please reach out to Outdoor Product Support in your region to discuss warranty exchanging your watch.

• Instinct 2 Solar user here (purchased in Singapore), just chiming in to say I have the same issue. It started about a week after purchase -- daily crashes in the course of normal usage: starting and saving activities, etc.  I got the unit replaced by customer support and the same problems developed after about a week of normal behavior, which makes me think this applies to most, if not all, units (apparently only those purchased in Asia-Pacific).

There's also a surefire way to trigger the crash: start an activity (I used the bike one), stop the activity, and select "resume later". Wait for half a minute and the watch will crash and reboot.

• I have the same issue ever since I got the watch around 3-4 weeks ago. Crashed on the second day I had the watch and has since crashed a few other times as well.

I bought it in Denmark and have an EU model, but I do have my phone in Korean and have notifications and calendar etc showing up with [?] boxes because the watch (sadly) doesn't support Korean characters, in case that has any correlation to why APAC models crash, since it's likely they use some Asian language on their watch/phone as well.

So far it has crashed 3/5 times when I put my exercise into "resume later" mode, and twice just randomly while at home or not actively during a workout.

First time it crashed, it wiped all my activities, current exercise in resume later (30 km bike ride) on top of the usual wiping of recent HR data and such that I've gotten with all the other crashes. 

• I wouldn't suggest anyone to PM Chris as the only suggestion he has to offer is to reset the watch or wait until Q4 or next year. 

Please continue to reach out to me directly so I can add you to the tracking case. For those willing to try a System > Reset in your watch, it has been reported it 100% resolves the issue but we need more willing to try the reset to know for certain. (We still need those experiencing the issue to reach out as Engineering continues to work on resolving the cause. Thank you!)

• Guess I'll bite the bullet and do a reset since I am guessing the message highlighted in red is the mod edit, haha.

Rather spend 30 min to an hour re-configuring everything than lose hours of data again.

• Did both hard reset (hold ctrl + set from powered-off state) and soft reset (from system menu) but it didn't change anything...

• Nope. He suggested to factory reset your watch back to factory and call it a day. 

• If you continue to have your sleep deleted when ending it early over the next few days to week despite your reset (System > Reset > Reset Default Settings) please post again in the next week or so. Thank you! We appreciate the feedback and testing it.