Compass sensor affected by the springbars

Recently bought a INSTINCT 2 SOLAR and I'm having an issue with the Compass sensor. I noticed that if I remove the original strap, and I leave the springbars on (in order to use a Quick fit strap), the Compass sensor is affected by the rotation of the bottom springbar. I have to repeat the calibration process every time I accidentaly rotate the springbar (and considering it is very loose it's very easy to happen).

It's so frustating and I'm wondering if this is a common problem. I bought the watch on Amazon and it is already been replaced 2 times, always with the same problem.

• You can also try getting some non-magnetic springbars on the open market, if you do not mind spending the money for something that should have been shipped with the watch. I see some offers on eBay, Amazon, AliExpress, etc. They do not cost much, so perhaps it is worth of trying.

• Wow this was 100% it. After removing wristband and spring bars it instantly calibrated. Put spring bars back on, got stuck and uncalibrated again. I was using a aftermarket band (nick mankey's) with original Garmin spring bars. Apparently that's causing some kind of magnetization. Now using aftermarket spring bars from nick mankey and it seems to fix the problem. Unfortunate as the OG spring bars with Garmin are thicker/studier. Damn Garmin, you would think they would use a material that didn't get magnetized so easily. Can't blame them entirly as it didn't happen with the og straps but that still seems like a oversight to me. Not like the watch band is metal at all either. 

• I can confirm same issue on my instinct 2, position of springbars is affecting compass almost 180 degrees, I used demagnetizer on the springbars and all works as it should-for now. If the issue comes back im contacting garmin support on that one.

• I have the exact same issue! I was able to replicate it and I’m extremely dissatisfied with the quality of my watch. Garmin has to offer a solution 

• For the band pin rotation:

- When the band is attached and the watch is worn, the compass is expected to work correctly. If there are any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Outdoor Product Support to discuss it further.

• That’s the issue, that I noticed during real time scenario. I was in the middle of a hike at an unknown mountain and just by pressing the buttons to switch to my map from other pages of the activity, managed to mess up the calibration. That made me had to backtrack almost every fork I found during that hike. Regarding it being firmly tightened to my wrist, I can’t honestly wear it more tight…to the point that every time I take it off to charge it I can see the marks the straps leave on my wrist.

I really like the instinct, I love because I’m exactly the kind of person this product is made for, but this is a game breaker for me. I believe that nowadays new products and software have to be thoroughly tested. There’s no space for busts like this, and I can guarantee the issue is replicable in every single instinct 2.

Luckily for Garmin I returned it and ordered a fenix 7x. I hope that works otherwise that’s it with me and the brand

• Since you no longer own the Instinct 2, if you can demonstrate the issue while wearing the watch with your new Fenix 7X watch, please do not hesitate to reach out to my to provide the video. Thank you.

• Im positive the fenix won’t have this issue, I do think that you guys should look into it because it is almost obvious that there’s a problem with the instinct 2 lineup. For the moment I will leave this video I found of a user that could replicate the compass issues. https://youtu.be/6gOrB--1cbE

• Thank you for the video but the watch is not being worn so the video is no different than any other being made without wearing the watch.

• So you’re telling me that you cannot use the compass if you take off your watch? You are telling me that customers like me wore it wrongly hence the issues. Come on! I found out on the middle of a hike while wearing it and then came and experiment it with it in my wrist and in my hand… that is not an excuse for having a faulty design or product. That’s not the  answer Garmin should be giving…