I'm having the Google Pixel 6 Pro phone and the Garmin Instinct 2 Solar watch.
Before I was using the Garmin Forerunner 245 watch with the same phone and never had any issues.
After some time (1-2 days usually) my Instinct 2 Solar goes into some inifinite loop getting disconnected and connected again. In the Connect app I can also see the status changing between "Device connected" to "Device disconnected" again and again every few seconds. This also drains the battery.
Then I restart my phone and the issue is solved. Usually it takes up to 1-2 days and then it starts happening again.
Things I've already tried without success to solve the problem
- Factory Reset of the watch
- Reset all network options in the phone (includes to delete all bluetooth devices) and then not connecting any other device than my Instinct 2
- Enabling the new Gabeldorsche Bluetooth stack in the developer options of the phone
- Deleting Cache/Storage of the Garmin Apps
- Re-Installing Garmin Connect + Connect-IQ app
- Using only Connect app without Connect-IQ
I've found the exact same problem in the Garmin community already reported for the Fenix 7 watch. There most of the users are also having a Pixel 6 phone or a Samsung Galaxy Device. Maybe this is a general compatibility issue between new Garmin devices and certain phones.
I'm wondering as no one else has already reported this issue here in the Instinct 2 Forum. Is there anyone else facing same problems like me witih the combination of Instinct 2 and Pixel phone?