Should the bezel be flush with the screen?

Hi,

Just received the 2 and whilst I can live with the sharp bezel. Mine seems to be raised above the screen. So much so that you can slide a piece of paper under it. Seems like a good way to collect lots of debris that will be very difficult to remove.

Is this normal? Does anyone else's have a gap between the screen and the bezel?

Thanks!

• I'd like to know the gap achieves that. That surely is the bezel itself? What about if you got a bit of stone under it which is tougher than the glass itself. On impact it'd then serious weaken if not shatter the screen. Imagine using this watch at the beach with sand. Fill that gap with sand, hit the bezel and I'd put money on the glass being weakened quite a bit. 

Standard Garmin mixed messages all the time.

• I was told the same from the US Support and they also said not to bury it in dirt.

I don’t buy it at the moment since mine is already gathering dust in the gap. But a replacement down the road isn’t that big of a deal.

• It gives SOME sense, but also its nonsense because the dirt can damage the glass under. And what about waterproof...

Also some supports says it is wrong and watches should be returned. 

And some (as yours write) says it is okay. 

Definitely not okay from me Grin, plus that twisted polarisation screen...nah. These were my first smart watch ever and as many ppl says Garmin is top ...this definitely didn't prove me it. I returned them back and see what service center comes up with.  

• Hello, another one here with the same problem, the tactic, on the left side a lot of slack, on the left side well,

Very badly.

I will write to support to see what they tell me.

Greetings.

• Same on mine. Instinct 2 Solar Tactical Black. From left all the way to the bottom going anti-clockwise (or from bottom to left going clockwise).

Just wrote Garmin Support by email about this.

I was going to buy one Mist Grey Instinct 2 Solar for my wife but now I'm hesitant. I would like to hear an official statement about this.

I was reading about problems with screen angle readability, music controls, etc. One doesn't bother me at all personally and the other can be solved with software updates.

But this one... We're talking about a device being advertised as 100m water resistant AND military certificated mil-std-810g.

And Garmin is silent in this thread... If at least they would come to say "That's completely normal, won't affect resistance to shock or water submersibility" ... That's what we want to hear, as long as it's true.

• I have IS 2 Tactical black, I swam in the pool 3x 1000 m, it does not affect the water resistance. The display has perfect visibility, DC Rainmaker, compares outside in the sun Fenix 7 and IS 2 and it can be seen that readability is perfect. I am satisfied, I hope that the gap should be there and that it is not a manufacturing error.

• I have the same hopes as you. I personally think the readability thing is not really that big of a deal but this gap on the bezel better be normal and doesn't affect anything within the watch.

• Reply from Garmin Iberia (Spain):

Buenas tardes Óscar,

Gracias por contactar con Garmin Iberia.

Le informamos que no tenemos incidencia abierta al respecto.
    Actualmente este es el diseño para el Instinct 2 y este espacio no afecta ni planteará ningún problema a su funcionalidad.

No obstante, realizaremos un seguimiento sobre este temor ante esta distancia entre el display y carcasa.

Que tenga una buena tarde.

Gracias.

Translated:

Good afternoon Oscar,
    Thank you for contacting Garmin Iberia.
    We inform you that we have no open incidence in this regard.
    This is currently the design for the Instinct 2 and this space will not affect or pose any problems to its functionality.
    However, we will follow up on this fear in the face of this distance between the screen and the casing. Have a good evening. Thanks.

"We inform you that we have no open incidence in this regard." ??? And what is this thread? A fever dream?

• They must be referring to the "official" tickets opened with their support center, most likely Spain only, thus a small samples of the users worldwide. This is a user forum, although a few Garmin reps frequently but not always chime in. I guess the only way to have an issue officially on record is to contact support and have a ticket opened.

• This is currently the design for the Instinct 2 and this space will not affect or pose any problems to its functionality.

Sounds like they've addressed it though and i personally don't see it as a problem more of lack of quality. I think it's clear it doesn't effect water protection at this point. I would bet the cover helps as shock absorption ans screen protection from scratches. Neither of which i would expect to be compromised by that space. Some here have argued that sand getting caught underneath and impact could cause a problem. Which is fair but with how hard that plastic cover is it would have to be a hell of a impact on something hard like concrete or a solid rock. And just like how sand can get in it can get out if you feel dirt in there clean it. I think this is being made out to be a bigger issue then it is personally. On the other hand i think the lack of screen visibility very annoying for night runs and usage. SO maybe it just depends on use case on what a bigger issue is.