Fenix 7 map screen zoom/pan

Can anyone assist? I have used the mapping (usually on a hike) many times. I leave it on the map page with a route showing. 

I often need to zoom/pan. As soon as I touch the screen to get the +- controls, it enables a point on the map. I have the press back to get what I want.

How can you get these without a point being created?

tldr how do you enable zoom controls whilst on map screen?

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have tried with both, but typically, I have always enabled.

• I have it set in the system settings (under 'During Activity' for Touch), and I don't override this in the activity. 

• For clarity, this is the behaviour that I see, the single tap produces the co-ord each time

• OK, maybe we are doing something different with our fingers, in terms of our device interaction! When I touch the map for the first time, it's either to zoom in/out on the +/- virtual button pair, or drag the map around with a tap and hold interaction. So, I never actually tap on the map and immediately lift my finger, because there's typically no purpose in that for me. If I do, I do get the coordinate popup, which I can dismiss with a swipe to the right.

I'm fairly sure that some time in past, _any_ touch would create the coordinate popup, but that it no longer the case now (thankfully).

• What touch mode do you have - always enabled or map only?

As it was mentioned a few times, this bug reproduces only when touch is set to "map only". 

Mines set to "map only".

• For clarity, this is the behaviour that I see, the single tap produces the co-ord each time

You're using the Map activity. My demo was using the map data screen within the Trail Run activity. Here, the first touch gives you the +/-.

• OK so after further testing, it works "normally" when not navigating a course.  When I have a course to follow in an activity, this is when I get the issue.  I will pass info to Garmin, thanks all for testing and commenting.

• There must be more to that. I see the issue when not navigating (as seen in my video). For me it works normally when I swipe instead of tap. 

EDIT: on the video you posted earlier, you were not navigating a course and saw the issue as well. Now I am confused what you mean...

• There must be more to that. I see the issue when not navigating (as seen in my video). For me it works normally when I swipe instead of tap. 

The behaviour in your video is identical to the behaviour shown in mine. The coordinates notification comes up when you tap. This is expected and desired. I simply swipe the coordinates notification away, or continue to scroll left or right, or double tap to zoom in if I wish to ignore it. The notification isn't stopping you from doing anything.

• this bug reproduces only when touch is set to "map only

Set to touch only in the run activity. for me.