When Fenix 8 is being released?

When Fenix 8 is being released? 

• No one here knows. And Garmin will not disclose it. 

• It may be possible to get some clues from Garmin patents, which are searchable on the US patent office website. Garmin frequently patents new watch designs and improvements in smartwatch technology. I see in the list of patent documents that several new Garmin watch designs have already been patented this year. If you examine the CAD drawings in the documents closely, you may be able to figure out whether one of them resembles the Fenix closely enough to be the 8.

This appears to be the timeline for the Fenix 7 Pro (please correct me if I'm wrong):

September 8 2022: Garmin applies for patent for "wrist worn electronic device with switchable multi band antenna system" (US Patent Application Publication no. US 2022/0283551 A1). The CAD drawings resemble the Fenix 7.

May 31 2023: Garmin releases Fenix 7 Pro (mid-cycle refresh according to Wikipedia)

December 26 2023: the patent is granted (no. US 11,853,015 B2).

However, this is just a sample size of 1. I haven't done a statistical analysis on the distribution of time elapsed between a patent application and the commercial release of a finished Garmin product.

• I would guess it will be released still this year.  

• Right and considering patent publication time, wich is about 18 months it let think about short time before new model to be issue.

• Tomorrow. If not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow. 

• Almost certainly within the next two years

• The rumor mill anticipates the Fenix 8 to be released at the latest by the second quarter of 2024. Specifically, a presentation or market launch is conceivable between April 1st and June 30th, 2024.

• The rumor mill anticipates the Fenix 8 to be released at the latest by the second quarter of 2024. Specifically, a presentation or market launch is conceivable between April 1st and June 30th, 2024.

• Nah the rumour mill is actually saying Q1 2025. Mind you, the same rumour mill is also saying the Fenix 8 might have an OLED display. Not sure I trust it.

• I don't really care for the release date. What I mostly care of is to have MIP display if possible better than the one 7 series currently has. If they won't keep the MIP display with these nice stock watch faces and the white backround they will lose lots of customers. Fenix series and MIP display goes together and the ones buy the Fenix series they know very well the reason. Personally I don't see a point moving to an OLED display. I can go to 100 other watches out there like Samsung or Apple that can do the job better while using the OLED, unlimited watchfaces, amazing customization well performed hardware and much more.