Small wrist (6,5 inch) [~16,5 cm] vs Fenix 7s

Hello.

Is Fenix 7s (42 mm) too small for my 6,5 inch (~16,5 cm) wrist and should I upgrade to regular fenix 7 (47 mm) ?

• Taking into consideration your Fenix 7S is end-to-end on your wrist, the Fenix 7 may not fit as well.

• If you can, try it out in the shop. F7S thickness is (about) the same as regular F7 which makes it look bulky. It's nice to have bigger screen and bigger battery.

• I have a bigger wrist and still prefer the size and weight of 7s

It's simply more comfortable:)

• I must say that I do like the comfort of 7s. I dont have a possibility to try out regular Fenix with an exeption of Fenix 6X Pro I saw at a mall yesterday and I tried on. I asked the salesman how 6X it look on my wrist and he said it looked wierd but he dont know much about watch fitting and that 7S looks fine on me. My personal thoughts was that X is too big, wont be comfortable to sleep, there will be issues with sleeves. I dont mind charging or having a smaller screen. With 7S I have no sleeve or sleep issues but I also wonder as the looks of 7S and regular 7 are different (regular 7 bezel looks tougher and thicker) and does that mean 7S is more fragile? Will it survive falling on the ground if such accident happen?

• I had Fenix 5s Plus for 4 years and it survived just fine. But I never actually dropped a watch (does this even happen?;)), just hit it a couple of times against walls and rocks. It's not only sleeve issues and sleep comfort but also better HR tracking with a lighter watch on a small wrist.

• Happened to me once. Tried to put a watch on my wrist early morning and it fell out of my hands but it was in my apartment little above the hip height ~120-130cm height fall. Im not a big guy (sometimes clumsy thats for sure). However floor of the apartment wasnt concrete and not a carpet either (wooden floor with some kind of plastic/rubber that makes out for carpet) but no breaks or scrathes on standard version gorilla glass both screen and sensor sides. Bezel and the polymer parts also look intact, no issues with buttons and no trace of anything that might suggest watch fallen on the ground. However I wonder if I was on a bike and fell on the side of my watch hand how would that look like. Im not gonna do that intentionaly but Im guessing that would end the watch. As for heart rate issues I used to do stair climbing for cardio everyday and I still do that. About 30 floors a day everyday for the past 3-4 weeks or so. At the begining when I started tracking that my HR avg went up to 140 bpm for that activity. Now when I do that activity its barely 90 avg bpm. I checked on the bike and treadmill and in those activities heart rate looks as it always looked meaning those activities still get my heart rate high while stairs seem to have no benefit acording to what the watch says. So thats where my thoughts about durability of 7S started to come from. I thought that either watch is broken or I adapted to climbing floors and stairs so good. Im not sure if its this or the impact might have damaged the sensors readigs but I tried to wear the watch loosely and tighten the strap and avg on stair climbing still barely 90 while biking or treadmill activities easily 110-130 or even 140 and higher depanding on how hard I bike or do cardio at the gym.

• There are many factors influencing HR reading, one of which is temperature. Those sensor typically start working properly after a few minutes of warm-up, especially in winter. I wouldn't rely on them for quick, couple minute stair climbing or other short activities. You can always check your pulse for a minute, count beats and compare to HR data fields. For me it's usually spot on but never at the beginning of an activity.

• Same wrist, I picked the 7S SS. Can't imagine wearing anything bigger 24/7, there are times I still miss my trusty 735XT. I dented the titanium bezel (a micro-dent, to be honest), but the sapphire glass is untouched. The SS is lighter than the standard model, I read online that titanium is a softer material, maybe that's why it happend

• My wrist is ~16cm and I've been wearing the midsize ranges (5,6,7) for several years now. Is it bulky? Of course. Difference with the 7s is negligible in my opinion, and I like the bigger screen and battery better. Just get the titanium version - weight reduction is noticeable especially with a velcro strap.

• I used to wear BIG watch before Garmin, G-Shock GW-9400 "Rangeman" and it was unpleasant experience but I loved the style and how big it was. So based on that I think I will stick with my Fenix 7S and wont upgrade to bigger size as your comments reassured me that I made a right decision - I cant imagine loosing sleep tracing if I picked a bigger watch and decided to take it off the wrist because it was uncomfortable.