Watch counts steps and floors during driving

HI,

The fenix 7 counts steps and floors sometimes during driving. An easy fix for this would be to allow the user to disable activity tracking (preferably from a hot key) so steps and floors aren't counted while driving.

Please add.

• One stretch of my commute is a freeway constructed from concrete panels. Driving across the expansion joints that separate the panels produces the rhythmic motion that the watch interprets as walking. It's where I pick up hundreds of steps every day, along with the occasional floor or two climbed or descended due to elevation changes in the area and an elevated freeway transition.

• Please re-read my post before commenting.

I said the Apple watch was **MOSTLY** immune to these issues. At no point was I implying that it didnt have **any** issues. You're creating a straw man here.

It's not a matter of totally eliminating the problem, but perhaps reducing it.

I had a chance to side by side compare them on a road trip. My wife has the second to latest Apple Watch model. We were both in the back seat - neither of us was driving. In this scenario, Apple miscounted far fewer steps than my Garmin did.

• Please re-read my post before commenting.

I said the Apple watch was **MOSTLY** immune to these issues. At no point was I implying that it didnt have **any** issues. You're creating a straw man here.

It's not a matter of totally eliminating the problem, but perhaps reducing it.

I had a chance to side by side compare them on an extended, non-stop road trip of several hours duration. My wife has the second to latest Apple Watch model. We were both in the back seat - neither of us was driving. In this scenario, Apple miscounted far fewer steps than my Garmin Phenix 7x Sapphire did.

• Seems like a pretty simple solution.

If my watch knows that 1 step equals 2.7' (thats what I programmed in), and I am racking up 6 steps or more per second to ignore the count, unless it is turned on to track an activity.

• I tested my AW against my Forerunner 265 on a 1 hour journey. The AW didn’t register 1 step and the Forerunner added over 500. I was a passenger the entire journey and did my best to resist movement.