Fenix 7 Sensor Glass Durability?

I had my Fenix 7X Solar Sapphire only a few weeks and have been using it carefully. Definitely no drops or hard knocks.  However just noticed that the sensor glass has a few light scratches (perceptible when looking closely under a light source)

I am quite surprised as I had read the sensor cover was upgraded from plastic to glass in this generation.

Anyone else has any similar experiences and will Garmin repair or replace sensor glass in such circumstances?

Thanks.

• Just cut an old tpu screen protector (13mm), and works just fine.

• Just use it at is. I'm pretty sure Garmin made it durable. If not, just buy another one if gets scratched. After all, it's not expensive Smiley

• Just use it at is. I'm pretty sure Garmin made it durable.

Note also that there is a slightly elevated ring around the sensor to give some protection when the watch is place back down.

• Just noticed it after you wrote about it.

• Metal clasp parts of titanium bracelet are unfortunately narrower than the elevated ring so can still easily contact the glass. One 'solution' to avoid glass damage is just do not use any metal bracelets (I know not the ideal answer for those of us who invested in titanium bracelet)

• My 0.02c worth. There's much ado about nothing.

Apart from those for whom Garmin is evil and determined to con everyone, does anyone really believe that Garmin would produce a watch with a glass sensor that is not sufficiently durable?

Nobody who has ever scratched, broken, or otherwise damaged their Garmin has ever done anything but take the greatest care of the watch. 

• I would tend to agree!  I've had multiple Garmin watches and they get pretty beat up during the normal course of use.  I just checked my F6 and F5 to see if the sensors have scratches and I see none other than a slight spot on the F5.

• Agree. I know is damn expensive (previous post was a joke, not all got it Slight smile) but having protectors on the front and back... Come on, leave it in the box then. I'm using Garmin watches for years and even personally never did, I heard people are having good experience with their support.

• I have been using different Garmin Fenix watches for years, and apart from some minor gripes, have been able to use them hard with hardly an issue. 

Hence some shock and disappointment that I got scratches while still babying Fenix 7 in the initial honeymoon period. Probably get over this when the watch picks up more battle scars with time / harder use (and provided no performance issues with that scratched sensor), but am rather annoyed that I need to take so much care using Garmin's own titanium bracelet on a US$1k watch which should have been designed to take into account normal usage with the bracelet.

For those of you who do not plan to use metal bracelets or don't care about the scratches (or can easily afford buying a few spares), good on you!

For those of us who might care, then:

1. Since no glass/TPU protector available for purchase, can consider adding a layer of liquid screen protector (same type used for phone screens) - not sure how much this helps, but may enhance scratch resistance if the liquid protector is of greater hardness than the sensor glass

2. Checking if doing a 'repair' during warranty (i.e. essentially swapping for a replacement main unit) would be more palatable cost wise. 

• That may be right this time but reading your posts you seem a big fanboy always defending everything from Garmin, at least from what I have read. So my 2cents on this...