This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Delete Golf Maps

Just got my F7X SS, Its fantastic but I am trying to delete maps I don't want.
GE wont let me delete the golf maps. !!! Why not ?, it says these are needed for the device to operate correctly ?.
What rubbish, I dont play golf, never will so WTF do I need gold maps on the watch.
Come on Garmin, why do I need golf maps on my watch !!!!!

Comment
  • there will be 3 of them and on that pic, I think its the first 3, because the gold maps take up about 1.1GB I seem to remember.

If you delete them make sure you copy them onto PC first :-).

• Yes indeed it will be useful to delete golf courses- i will never play golf :)

• yes WTF Garmin is doing by saying they are required for your device to operate is anybody's guess.

Come on Garmin please explain why the top outdoors watch in the world requires 3 golf maps for correct operation ???

And if it does, then it bloody well shouldn't.

• two weeks after purchase I have become even more annoyed that Garmin will not allow deletion of golf data and maps.  I feel almost insulted by it.  You can delete the ski data and maps quickly.  It is insane that they say you have to have golf maps for the device to operate.  I bet not even 10 percent of Fenix 7 buyers play golf.  It doesn't take up much room, but it annoys me knowing they are on there.  Why?  Why?  Why????? Incredible.  Now that said, I love the watch and after two weeks still have 60 percent of the battery and have never charged since the initial charge.  

• This is what I've worked out and have deleted all of them from my Fenix 7x

having installed other more useful maps

Please don't delete these maps without confirming yourself that it is safe to do so for you

Preinstalled Maps ID

D6185110A and D6184110A TopoActive Europe 2.52GB and 2.5GB

D1399420A CourseView Europe Middle East and Africa 227MB

D2419370A CourseView Americas 179MB

D2471420A CourseView Pacifics 673MB

D7672010B SkiView 2021.10 23MB

D7726060A TopoActive RDA Europe 2021.20 (road drawing accelerator) 2.67GB

D9486000A TopoActive Europe 2021.20 Central 2.72GB

• that's very useful thanks,

• Dickandjill refers to files that are on older models of Garmin Fenix such as Fenix 6
    The files related to golf maps on fenix 7 are:

D1399430A.img : Golf Map - CourseView Europe, Middle East & Africa
    D2419380A.img : Golf Map - CourseView Pacific
    D2471430A.img : Golf Map - CourseView Americas

An easy way to view and manage files on your Fenix 7 is Android File Transfer

Frode Lein

• great thanks for the info

• golf maps deleted. watch seems to still be working, gained another GB of free space.

• Update.

Today I synced my watch with GE and now when I look at "manage maps" the 3 golf map entries are unchecked and available to check and resync if you ever want to.

I have saved over 1GB of space and the watch is still working perfectly as far as I can tell.

So deleting the golf maps seems perfectly safe to me. (if you don't play golf why the hell should I waste > 1GB for no reason). Come on Garmin, installing the golf maps should be user optional.