FTP Guided Test too hard, FTP not detected

Has Garmin changed how the FTP Guided Test works in a recent system software update? I tried to do one today using my Descent Mk2 (Fenix 6 derivative) watch to control a Tacx Neo 2T smart trainer in erg mode and it eventually failed with an "FTP Not Detected" message because I couldn't keep up. My previous detected FTP from random outdoor rides was 220W. This FTP Guided Test set targets of 205W for 4:00, 225W for 4:00, 245W for 4:00, 265W for 4:00, 285W for 3:00, and 310W for 2:00. But after the 265W step I was gassed and couldn't hold the higher target power for the subsequent steps. Why did it keep going instead of automatically stopping the test at that point?

connect.garmin.com/.../14737625397

I did the same FTP Guided Test last year and it did stop after the 265W step. Hence why I think something might have changed. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

connect.garmin.com/.../11460513125

(Yes, I am aware that I can use other FTP test protocols besides the one built into my watch. I would like to be able to use this one for consistent results.)

• And I opened one of my cycling fit files and I found FTP as a data. It was an Edge 530 file, but I am almost sure that F6X also have it.

Use https://www.fitfileviewer.com and you will see it.

Anyway it was just a side thread of thoughts….

• Sorry, you are correct. The FIT file does contain FTP in the zones_target 7 message functional_threshold_power 3 field. I was looking in the wrong place.

• I am  a male, but learnt a lot from women in my whole life. But of course I still kept my masculine rationality. So even if the core message of my advice did not change, which is forget 200W and stay around 220W, I propose you not using 220W (earlier FTP) or 221W (TP advised), just  imagining that you went for shopping and choose the nicest looking number from the assortment which is available to you, namely 222 W. :-)