This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firmware v25.00 Broke Connect IQ Custom Watch Faces

Has anyone been able to use the custom watch faces?
I get an IQ Error since the update.

I can only get the ones that come with the watch working, even Garmin newer don't work.

• is it so difficult to add the body battery, stress level and other metrics to the native watch faces? Do you have any plans to add them eventually? Because I think many would just stop using the 3rd party watch faces when are preferred only because they can display additional data. These 3rd party watch faces also slow down the watch and increase the battery consumption.

Thanks, 

• Let's hope that within a month when System 6 will be released officially they'll add some watchfaces with complications, and that might solve this issue.

• Hi Chris same issue here Fenix6 faceit faces not loading

• having same issues. no i do not see 0.00 version in the system>about sensor hub listing.

• My Connect IQ watch faces doesn' t work since updating, sensor hub is 22.09

• Hello,

My Sensor Hub SW is 22.09 (Enduro watch).

Anyway, to me it's definitely something related to the watch face getting location from 'ActivityInfo'.

On a watch face I'm developing I have the location retrieved as:

Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation
    If the value is 'null', I use
    Weather.getCurrentConditions().observationLocationPosition
    After the update to FW 25.00, I noticed that the first method is returning incorrect coordinates when the watch doesn't have any GPS fix from a recent activity. I would expect to get 'null' and switch to the second method (Garmin weather) but instead I see zero latitude and longitude and the watch face crashes few seconds later.
    If, after the crash, I start an activity and wait for a GPS fix, the watch face is back to working again (maybe other users can try if their watch faces work again after a GPS fix).
    Also, if I override completely using 'Activity.getActivityInfo().currentLocation' and use Garmin weather only, the watch face works perfectly again.
    I hope this helps.
  • what about the  custom fonts? maybe the same problem is on others devices....

forums.garmin.com/.../major-issues-with-custom-fonts-after-latest-device-fw-updates

• The one I installed works perfectly with 25.00, at least for me. It is firmware-proof. ;-)

It is WF4Cool.

• I would never go for a Garmin WF. Some developers, like that of WF4Cool, is actively cooperating the users, and if a user has a good and feasible idea, then this idea is not circulating in the Unknown, but it is developed within days.

The items you mentioned are choosable from the day Garmin made it possible.

Moreover I can choose a watchface with giant fonts.

Etc.

Even my latest idea was developed, namely no move bar is shown at all until it is fully red, but if it is so then you can replace any datafield with the red move bar. So let’s call it a conditional data which doesn’t consume any space until it is really needed.

The same is true for any bugs. When I reported one I got a fix within days and not only mere excuses or silence like in case of some bugs related to Garmin’s factory firmware/software.

The communication with  these CIQ developers of high profile  is clear, even when I get a sort of bad news that something is not possible, it is transparent and the reason behind is described in details.

I wish there were a model in which Garmin designed  these pretty good hardwares and had them produced in some factories, while some smaller sized companies offered firmware/software packages even in the basic level.