HR unreliable

My watch is about a year old and has mostly worked fine but recently the HR is often reading 20 bpm higher than it should be and less often it is reading way too low. This is a new issue - about a month or so old. Is there anything I can do to make it more reliable? I vowed never to buy another Garmin device after years of issues and it looks like I've been suckered in again.  

• Hello. I have noticed the same issue few days ago. Watch showed me abnormally high (131) HR, sitting in front of the TV. Did a restart, came back to 67. Donno what problem causes this. An other day measured abnormally low (49) during some work, repeat with restart, came back to 76.

• That's interesting as I was having a similar problem with my watch last night, it warned me recovery had been delayed due to high activity which I thought was strange so I checked the HR display and it claimed I'd hit a peak of 198 and gradually dropped to 160 over the last hour.  I was just setting up for an indoor cycling session and had fitted a chest HR strap on so took a reading from that which showed around 70-80bpm while the watch was still saying 160 and it definitely felt like the chest HR strap was correct.

I was wondering if watch has developed a fault but it sounds like it's a software issue.

• Hopefully they will resolve it. Try to restart the device, maybe that’s gonna help.

• I am having the exact same issues! Yes about 20 over! My friends all just thought and joked that it was because I am out of shape after taking a few easy months of training. I started getting worried they actually were true. I will restart it and see if that helps. Also I probably should just start wearing an external HR monitor.

• I had this after update to 24.10. I fixed the problem reverting back to FW ver 23.10. Note that if you go back with your FW your HRV will need to set the baseline all over again.

• Another "me too" - both around 20bpm over and double actual HR (using a chest strap and another device as baseline).

Though does see to also settle down and show my true resting HR at times. Before shooting up again.

• I had similar problem on Fenix 6 sapphire after some 24.xx fw update. My heart rate was totally unreliable, bud instead showing me higher HR it showed me significantly lower. I was managed to solved it by going beta and upgraded to 24.92 (or smth) but that came with huge battery drain. Now I am on 25.00 (non beta) which seem OK. I have also set Pulse Ox measurement to manual (as suggested by Fenix because) of battery drain and I don’t find that function that accurate or important to me.

• I saw the latest sw update ver.25 but no mentioning about this issue. Dunno if this time it is gonna be solved. But I think it is a very bad and severe issue

• Today I reported to Garmin my issue. I`ve been in motion with HR 80, then set down and there were difference between the HR shown on the watch and in the app, and did a restart. After the relaunch did not show my HR for minutes. So it really got on my nerves and reported to Garmin. They asked me to take some photos and send them over. Hopefully they will process them then do something. Please who noticed this issue report to Garmin.