Altimeter Calibration not holding

I can run calibration of my altimeter using DEM.

I do this when not running any sort of activity.

The watch will then show the correct altitude and barometric pressure

But the next day the altitude reads way off. 

I calibrated yesterday and now it's indicating around 70 ft low....

and I just checked and the baro is indicating approx 0.12 inches of mercury low

Why does the watch not just indicate a change in barometric pressure?

When I calibrated yesterday pressure was probably around 30.00 In HG

now it's about 30.20 in Hg...but the watch shows 30.08 in Hg and that I'm underground about 30ft

What am I doing wrong?

• As it is, it seems like there should be a setting at least, to tell the watch either

• that I'm monitoring the barometer
    • that I'm monitoring the altimeter
    • that I'm monitoring both

there probably is such a setting but it has eluded me.....

That's the 'sensor mode' setting. It is either barometer, altimeter or 'auto'. 

• Perfect...THANK YOU!!!

I set it to barometer two days ago, and so far it's holding to approx 0.01 to 0.02 inches of mercury.

The displayed altitude is a little bit harder for me to confirm, but interestingly enough it seems to be holding at least fairly close too!

It was in auto before.  That puzzles me.  Auto would seem to make sense for a given activity...maybe?....

but as it was I wouldn't be running any activity at all...just watch mode most of the time.  I wonder what in the world it was doing!  

Actually as I think about it auto wouldn't make sense....and the ability to view both sea level pressure and altitude at the same time doesn't seem possible unless the watch occasionally checks my altitude against the map and adjusts for the delta.... but that would be a battery hog I would think.