Fenix 6 Series - 19.74 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

19.74 Change Log Notes:

• Added ability to turn off recording an activity during a golf activity.
  • Added an alert to notify user when battery is critically low during a music sync.
  • Added HRV Support from chest strap for Yoga and breathwork.
  • Added pop-up to Pulse Ox Measuring feature if the device detects too much movement and cannot get an accurate measurement.
  • Added support for new biking activity profiles: eBike, eMTB, Cyclocross, Gravel Bike, Bike Commute, Bike Tour, and Road Bike.
  • Added support for the HIIT activity profile and workouts.
  • Added support for the snowshoe activity profile.
  • Added support for the tennis activity profile.
  • Updated the altimeter's auto calibration to be either "On" or "Nightly". Setting to "On" will set the device to periodically calibrate altitude throughout the day. Setting to "Nightly" will set the device to calibrate altitude at night and before the start of an activity.
  • Improved Explore Sync app waypoint load times.
  • Improved Lactate Threshold and Altitude Acclimation algorithms.
  • Improved measurement loading UI when taking an SpO2 measurement.
  • Fixed display issues on the device after navigating to a point initiated by the Garmin Explore App.
  • Fixed issue where selecting a single point on a map that contained multiple items would not display the items properly.
  • Fixed issue that would corrupt open water swim activity files.
  • Fixed issue where PacePro bands would not be recognized by the device.
  • Fixed issue with activities reporting incorrect Activity Calories and Training Effect data.
  • Connect IQ improvements and bug fixes.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Should I have got a new replacement ?...

They are sending me a refurbished unit after fighting my case...

My watch is 10 months old....

If I just show your post... Product support are likely not agree with you?...

Any chance you can help? 

Thanks Chris... 

• When you have a warranty issue, your watch is exchanged and a rebuilt watch is received that we have fully torn down and rebuilt. We use new parts and it is thorough process done by our same production teams building a new watch. For some peace of mind, I often hear customers say they cannot tell the difference between new and rebuilt.

I am sending you a Private Message for any additional questions you have. I will be happy to help.

• Excellent! Thank you for clarifying this matter

• Thank you for your quick response Chris its much appreciated..... I own a Fenix 5x plus too that was sent by Garmin refurbished, it was my best unit...im wearing it now...it looked the same as a brand new unit except for the box. 

Is it Garmin policy to replace a watch under warranty for a refurbished unit after a certain amount of time? ...

Thanks again for your time. 

• I am sorry but I cannot speak for outside of the United States since different countries/territories may have different policies in place that Outdoor Product Support and vendors will refer to in a warranty exchange.

In the United States, referring to Outdoor Wearables watches and for the countries we ship to, it is a 60-day policy for warranty covered issues to receive a new in the box replacement vs. rebuilt.

• Fantastic, thanks for the clarification Chris. Puts everyone’s mind at rest. 

• Thank you again for your detailed reply,

I have got the best outcome I can have then... you have been most helpful.

I can always refer to this thread if I encounter any problems again.... I will probably contact product support Europe again, just to make sure they release this is the case.... I'll post back here what they say for us UK customer's.(about beta not voiding warranty) 

All the best : -) 

Ps.... My replacement had shipped, I posted mine Tuesday, they received it Wednesday, they've shipped it today, and its being delivered tomorrow.... Not bad  : -) 

• Not true, got a brand new one in August. Had to backdate to the latest official release and redo a couple of tests, which is entirely fair.

Your post just illustrates a spectacular failure to grasp the issue at hand - the poster who was denied warranty for a failure after installing a beta got into a boot-loop issue, which is not reversible or solvable by a reflash.

So he said, but the issue I commented on was the warranty. I've also encountered staff under par at Garmin support, I solved that without adding any noise in the beta threads.

Another fair thing to ask, would be if these beta threads were limited to reporting success, bugs or questions about the current beta, at least for as long as they are sticky (or a set time period).

Agreed, so trying to gatekeep this thread when you don't grasp the issue discussed just adds to the noise. If Garmin UK are trying to deny warranty or you need to get into a battle with them after a beta bricks the device and renders it inoperable, the official Gamin policy absolutely does need to be clarified.

No, there's plenty of space in other threads in here. I do grasp some tiny bits after +40 years with computers, and you got what you wanted:

Regarding your warranty if you choose to install Beta software:

- When you install Beta software, it will not alter your warranty. You will remain under the warranty given with your watch.

• Please disable the workout suggestion in the Bike Commute profile. It is an extra click that is not needed, and I do not thing anyone is doing their workouts during their bike commutes. If I wanted to do workout I would chose a different profile. Thanks.

You can disable the prompt under the Today's Suggestion settings.