This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Jaybird brand headphones disconnect (IE: Vista/Tara/etc.)

Just a fair warning for anyone expecting a major improvement, the jaybird headphone disconnection issues are still present in the latest firmware. The only way to fix it is still downgrading the Bluetooth firmware to 5.04. It’s been months from Garmin with no proper fix, and I’ve sent multiple emails.

P.S. I did have a brief period of respite on beta 16.30, but after the disconnections during my run today rendering the headphones useless I’m not sure if that was just pure luck.

• My Jaybirds are also 1.1.6 but my garmin in 16.60 :) 

• same issues here.  , tried sending you a direct message and was unable to via the chat platform.

• Downgrading to BT 5.04 solves all issues on the several TWS headphones I use

• Chris we have same watch … but as you know after a year Jaybird Vista works again … 1.1.6 ..treadmill 5 km again today … no stops Pray tone2Champagne

• I'm using Jaybird VIsta as well - Firmware 1.1.6

Garmin Fenix 6 Saphire currently with 16.70 and used most of the previous beta builds.

The problem with a connection is for some time now. sometimes is better sometimes gets worse.

Let me describe how it looks for me.

I use Spotify.

I connect the headphones, start the music, check that everything is connected and working then I go out. Select Activity: Run.

It works.

At some point, during the run, the problem starts.

Music stop playing, but there is no "Disconnected message from Headphones".

I go to the music screen tap - Play.

- Sometimes then it will say "Disconnected" - "Connecting", usually it will start playing again for some time, then the process repeats.

- Sometimes the player is frozen you cannot do anything - Music not playing, no communication about disconnection you have to wait and try again maybe it will unfreeze and try to connect again.

I would say that recently it happening more often.

I will listen to music for 1h periods couple of times and see if I get disconnections without activities.

• My TaraPro headphones continually disconnect…last only 20-3- seconds.

• Hi All. I have a pair of Vista headphones, and love them to bits. Ive had for 2 years now. The first year I had no issues, but since september 2020, i have dropping out issues. I have read all of these threads.

Has anyone had any luck?

I ran with a forunner 945, but recently purchased a Fenix 6 soley as I  was getting get so angry while out and the music disconnects. One day it would be fine, the next it would disconnect and wouldnt re connect.

I was hoping the Fenix 6 would cure this, but alas, NO.

I have been in contact with Jaybird, and they have been help full. Garmin how ever, not so. To begin with , it took nearly a week to reply to emails,  lately though, its got better. 

I have been emailing since september asking for help, but athe last email i was told` the case is now closed`!. as they cant fix it!

Anyone got an answer. I dont want to go backwards on software

• Did Jaybird say that the case was closed ? Why did they close it Without solving it ? Did you ask about that….

i have the same history but the last 3 times it works… after 1.1.6 Update everything is good

• Sorry Monoboy, I wasnt very clear. Jaybird were helpful. Garmin closed the case.

The case wads to do with my forrunner 945. They actually exchanged them in the end. I was told I was getting a New pair, but was sent a refubished pair. Foolish me, didnt read the info before returning, and I sent back all my stuff, box lead etc.

The refurbished 945 came back in a Jiffy bag, with no lead to charge/ connect.

Although it was my fault, they did send me a new lead, which I was very greatfull for, but I have never received my box back. I was told `Garmin cant send me a box!?!`.

I offered to pay for a new box, or any old box, so my 945 had one, but eventually they closed the case leaving me box less, and still unable to listen to music, as the replacement was actually worse than my original 945.

I have sent it back to the original supplier, and purchased a Fenix 6, hoping that it would be fine, only to find the replacment £850 watch, is JUST THE SAME!!!

I am a the end of my tether.. I run every day. and have to take my phone/ipod with me to listen to tunes.

I am not best please that a company like Garmin cant get to the bottom of this.

I was and still am upset about them closing the case ! I have a forerunner 220 ,645,for my son and wife, 945 Fenix and an Edge 1030s, so love the products, just the issue is dragging me down now..