Fenix 6 Pro Constant GPS Offset to the left #fixyourbasics

I have a Fenix 6 pro, worn on normal position left hand.

And I have a constant GPS Offset to the left of the track, see for example this activity:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5814842358

It is in every run, without obstacles and without rain. Sometimes it is worse, sometimes more on track but always to the left.

As you might can imagine this reduces segment quality, reduces navigation quality and track finding on trail running as well.

• I really doubt direction of the antenna should make the difference. For example, I looked at another run from FR745 on the same route as mine and also out-and-back, and the track was very accurate with out and back parts of the track aligning very nicely.

I agree that direction of the antenna can make signal from some satellites stronger than from others. But that doesn't explain why it always shifts to the left (e. g. different sides of the path) when running out and back. If it was a bias from specific satellites it would shift to the same side of the path.

And why does the position snaps into the correct one when I slow down or stop? 

• I really doubt direction of the antenna should make the difference. For example, I looked at another run from FR745 on the same route as mine and also out-and-back, and the track was very accurate with out and back parts of the track aligning very nicely.

If you compare different HW please keep in mind that the FR745 has a fully fiber-reinforced polymer case, while the F6 has some metal parts that can affect GPS signal reception.

If the left shift is independent of the direction of movement, then environmental conditions matter, or the watch is faulty.

And when you stop, the position error jumps around you and there is no direction of movement. So the moving average or Kalman filter snaps to the current position after a few seconds. It may also be if you stop and you look at the watch the watch face points shortly to the sky and this also improve the accuracy.