am having trouble pairing fēnix 6X - Pro Solar Edition. I have tried every possible combinations trying Garmin Connect in IOS. And Android device and still failing..

Hi,Garmin lovers, I am having trouble pairing  fēnix 6X - Pro Solar Edition which I just bought. I have tried every possible combinations trying Garmin Connect in IOS. And Android device and still failing. It is extremely frustrating not be able to get this to work. $900 investment and no idea how to get this to work. Frustrating. Here are all the troubleshooting I tried so far:

>> I tried below combinations on 11 Pro Max IOS: 14.0.1, iPhone XS Max IOS 13.5.1, HUAWEI Android 10. With latest Garmin Connect from AppStore and Play Store.

1. USB connection via Garmin Express (v7.1.0.0) and registered fēnix 6X - Pro Solar and updated to the latest version 11.10. 
  2. Remove all other Garmin devices from Garmin Connect app
  3. Uninstall / reinstall of Garmin connect app. 
  4. Soft reset fēnix 6X - Pro Solar (hard press LIGHT button) and also tried to pair after reset to factory default
  5. Soft reset iPhone and Android devices
  6. Garmin Connect App keep showing “starting setup” and then goes to brows all compatible devices page. I Tried to manually add. however, Garmin connect does not show "solar edition" under all devices for me to select, so I tried fēnix 6X Pro DUAL power. but failed. 
  7. Able to pair my AirPods Pro, add some music via Garmin Express and I can listen to music. So I know bluetooth is working

Thank you in advance for anyone who can guide to solve this problem.

• I see Fenix 6X Pro Solar in the list of compatible devices. (Android Garmin Connect 4.35.1)

Use the Pair Phone settings on the watch. (I assume you are doing this, but it's not mentioned on your list.

One other suggestion is to remove the device under the phone's bluetooth settings.

• Thanks. I have the same version of Android Garmin, but it is not showing up. Yes I tried Pair Phone settings, but it no success. Also I have a clean device with no devices in added under bluetooth. 

• Is your device already listed in the bt phone settings? Delete it and start Garmin connect mobile pairing again.

• Actually there are nothing listed in bt settings. when I search for new devices in bt, I can see fēnix 6X - Pro Solar showing up. But I have to added that through Garmin Connect, but Garmin connect keeps failing

• Hi there, Garmin Support responded and it is being solved now. My situation seems unique. so I thought it would be helpful to others if I post it here. Here are the steps:

>>The cause of this might be the account settings that does not match to the device's region. (In my case I am in Japan)

*Wi-Fi connection is required for the following method. Please have WI-FI connected. 
    *Please note that the smartphone settings are different depending on what smartphone you are using.
    1. Take out the smartphone's SIM card or Turn off the smartphone's SIM (mobile data communication) from the smartphone setting.
    2. Change language and region. Smartphone system settings > "Language & Regional settings" > Region set to any oversea country.
    3. Launch Garmin Connect Mobile > Menu, More > Settings > Profile & Privacy > Manage Garmin Account > Sign in > Check if the "Location" is any oversea country 
    If not, Edit > Location > change country > Save
    4. Restart your smartphone and re-launch Garmin Connect Mobile> Open the device selection screen for pairing. The "fenix 6X Pro Solar edition"  will be displayed.
    5. Pair the device by checking the instructions on the screen.
    6. When pairing is complete, reinstall the smartphone's SIM card or turn on the smartphone's SIM (mobile data communication) from the setting.
    You can change the smartphone settings and the Garmin Connect account settings to your region after pairing.
    Additional tips based on my troubleshooting steps:
    May be removing SIM or disabling mobile data communication may not actually fix it. because I was trying on new phones with NO SIMs in it.
    Basically Garmin Connects looks at your country settings registered in your Garmin profile. I suppose this will be the first step of the troubleshooting. 
    Hope above helps... enjoy your Garmin Fenix 6x! it is indeed a great device! Still learning to personalize to my needs! 
  • Glad you got it sorted.

But that sounds .... complicated.

• Yeah... I wonder why we don't have products and services that are universal. sometime some country's regulation puts restriction. Thanks for your help!

• I reset my Fenix 6 Pro Solar after an update and it just wouldn't reconnect to my iPhone via the garmin app. I removed the device in my phones Bluetooth settings then tried again in the garmin app - it worked. Thanks mcalista I was beginning to lose hope!