Fenix 6 Series - 11.75 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

Edit 9/28: we are aware of a crash that can occur when trying to manually connect to sensors, if the automatic connection fails. We are working on a fix for this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

11.75 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for Daily Suggested Workouts, which are recommended based on previous activities. One can disable this from activity settings. (Run/Bike > Menu > Training > Workouts > Today's Suggestion.)
  • Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows one to record outdoor track data including distance in meters and lap splits on a standard shape 400m track.
  • Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes users stress, sleep, relaxation and physical activity in consideration.
  • Added support for configuring non-zero power averaging for Biking activities. (Activity Settings > Power Averaging)
  • Added support for configuring backlight settings during the sleep window. (Settings > System > Backlight > During Sleep.)
  • Added support for training and breathwork workout categories to properly handle launching workouts from calendar view and prompting yoga, strength, cardio, breathing, and pilates workouts.
  • Added Training Status explanation tip in the Training Status widget.
  • Added support for displaying the map scale when panning/zooming the map.
  • Updated the Clocks list layout and icons.
  • Improved the pairing experience for Bike lights/radar.
  • Improved compass smoothness.
  • Improved the poor wrist HR detection which will lead to more accurate VO2 Max and Performance Condition estimates. (Requires 8.00 Sensor Hub)
  • Fixed an issue where the ‘Navigation’ hotkey was not working as expected for certain use cases.
  • Fixed an issue with the wind speed field on watch face.
  • Fixed an issue where open water swim activities were capturing an erroneous position in the track log.
  • Fixed an issue where the device would fail to load the elevation plot when navigating to a POI.
  • Fixed an issue where the elevation plot would intermittently get doubled while navigating.
  • Fixed an issue where expired weather data was being displayed on the watchface.
  • Fixed potential GPS communication problems. (Requires GPS v4.60)

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.60
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.06
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Yes, it's PhysioQ.  I tested this twice and got the same result, which is that you are not able to turn your pulse ox off once you register your watch in the app.  The only way to stop it is to either revert back to the last official firmware on your watch, or wait for the next official firmware to come out automatically.  I rolled back two times to test this and each time I was able to turn the pulse ox off once I rolled back.  It wasn't with this beta, it was one previous.  I won't sign up again.  Did you at least get your Garmin discount code for participating?

• The battery drainage is evidente,I am experiencia the dame,going back to previous update now

• So far very good.  Then again I've had runs of several days before without screwball (very high - impossibly so while at rest) before, then it happens again.  But -- since loading this version, so far, it hasn't happened.  I guess you can count me in the "hopeful" bucket.

• Not sure if this "crash" is related to the "sensor crash" mentioned in red above, but during my first run after install, there occurred random disconnection from bluetooth headphones about every 1/2-1 mile, requiring re-connection.

• I wonder if there’s some ‘smoothing’ happening where a period of motion such as you have from before midnight to around 1am is aggregated to an awake period at the beginning. You have a much larger peak of motion around 2am that is more closely related to higher amount of motion then some smaller ones. It’s hard to be certain what’s going on as there is a great deal of ‘magic’ involved in deciding sleep patterns so can’t be really sure. I don’t get too hung up on it as long as my overall sleep time is about right. I couldn’t tell you the amount of deep sleep, REM sleep, or light sleep I have from one night to the next. I do know how many times I’ve got up in the night and how I feel in the morning.

This was last night where I went to bed later and had loafed around in bed a bit more. Looks ok to me but who really knows?

• I tried to follow the instructions to update the firmware but I wasn't able to do it, I cannot find the Garmin folder in my  mac, can you help me?

•    Hi Doug, I had a similar issue with NEO before but they provided a fix about 2months ago. If you click on the device section, you can reach the Data logging page where you can edit the frequency of the sensors. So you can go from High-medium-low-off, for all the metrics, based on how you feel about precision vs battery life.

You probably had the SpO2 on high and deleted the App before shutting it off. For the fix, you can just go back into NEO and turn it off if you want.

• Have you got Android File Transfer installed? You need it to access the watch on a Mac. Make sure Garmin Express is fully shutdown.

• I might have discovered a new bug yesterday: earlier in the week I loaded an audiobook onto my F6 Pro and listened to it on a run. Yesterday on my run I switched to Spotify and started a podcast and noticed that in the controls menu I had the option to skip ahead or back 30 seconds. In reality it was only skipping 15 seconds and I realized that it was actually the control menu for playing audiobooks in the watch's memory. If anyone wants to try and reproduce, that would be great!

• I haven't seen it posted yet. Did they add new native watch faces to the F6 line? I really hope they added a few more digital ones, especially symmetric ones!